|James Marsters Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1962|
|Spouse||Patricia Jasmin Rahman|
James Marsters is an American actor, voice actor, musician, and comic book writer who earned his claim to fame with the role of the vampire Spike in The WB supernatural drama television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003) and its spin-off Angel (1999–2004). He has appeared in many other TV programs such as the Superman-inspired show Smallville (2005–2010) where he portrayed the part of the fictional supervillain Brainiac, and the Marvel series Runaways (2017–2019) in which he played the role of Victor Stein. He has starred in numerous films including P.S. I Love You (2007) where he appeared in the supporting role of John McCarthy. He is an accomplished voice-over artist, having voiced Lex Luthor in the animated movie Superman: Doomsday (2007) and again in the video game DC Universe Online (2010). He has narrated a number of audiobooks such as Peace Talks (2020) and has written several comic books as well like the graphic novel Spike: Into the Light in 2014. James has also released numerous albums such as Like a Waterfall (2007). He has received many accolades including the Saturn Awards in 2001 for “Best Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Series” for his role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
James Wesley Marsters
Greenville, Plumas County, California, United States
He attended Grace M. Davis High School where he joined the theater group and performed in various plays as well as musicals. After graduating in 1980, he went to the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria in California. In 1982, he relocated to New York City and enrolled in the Juilliard School, attending the program for 2 years.
Actor, Voice Actor, Musician, Comic Book Writer
- Siblings – Susan (Older Sister), Paul (Younger Brother)
He is represented by Stone Manners Salners Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Liane Davidson (1989-1997) – He married Liane in 1989. They got divorced in 1997. They have a son together named Sullivan (b. May 1996).
- Mercedes McNab (1998)
- Patricia Jasmin Rahman (2010-Present) – He tied the knot with Patricia on January 14, 2011, after having made it public on May 21, 2010, that he had proposed to her.
Note – Since 2002, Marsters decided to bring up his niece and has regarded her as his daughter. He has gone on to affirm that she has declined to be mentioned in his interviews and that she has not taken an interest in acting.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, German, French, and Scottish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Defined jawline
- Expressive eyes
James Marsters Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Playing the guitar, Watching football
- Pastime – Being with friends at the beach
Source – IMDb
James Marsters Facts
- His interest in acting was sparked after he performed as Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh when he was in the 4th grade.
- James used to be recognizable in public mainly for his platinum-blond-bleached hair. He has recalled that he had to dye his hair regularly in order to play the part of Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and when the program ended, he had his dyed hair shaved on television to sell for charity, only after which he could revert back to his naturally brown hair.
- He is left-handed but has played the guitar right-handed.
Featured Image by James Marsters / Instagram