|Robin Wright Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1966|
Robin Wright is an American actress, producer, director, and voiceover artist who is the recipient of at least 8 Primetime Emmy Award nominations and has earned a Golden Globe Award and a Satellite Award for her work in television. One of the highest-paid actresses in the United States, she is known for having been cast in shows and movies in roles such as Claire Underwood in House of Cards, Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, Kelly Capwell in Santa Barbara, Diana in Nine Lives, Buttercup in The Princess Bride, Moll Flanders in Moll Flanders, Maureen Murphy Quinn in She’s So Lovely, Gwen Tyler in Toys, Hedda Amerson in Loved, Theresa Osborne in Message in a Bottle, Clare in A Home at the End of the World, Phoebe Torrence in Sorry, Haters, Pippa Lee in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, General Antiope in Wonder Woman, and Liv Ullmann in Breaking and Entering.
Robin Gayle Wright
Ro, Virginia Gayle, Robbie, Rob
Fort Worth, Dallas, Texas, United States
Wright studied at La Jolla High School and Taft High School in California.
Actress, TV Director, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Freddie Wright (Pharmaceutical Company Employee)
- Mother – Virginia Gaston (Cosmetic Saleswoman)
- Siblings – Richard Wright (Brother)
- Others – Abner Green Wright (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Marie Patterson (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Leon Gaston (Maternal Grandfather), Thelma Pauline Hendrixson (Maternal Grandmother)
Robin Wright has been signed to Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Robin Wright has dated –
- Charlie Sheen (1981–1982) – Wright was in a relationship with the famous American actor Charlie Sheen for a year.
- Dane Witherspoon (1984–1988) – In 1984, Robin started dating the American actor Dane Witherspoon. After two years spent in a relationship in 1986, the couple got married. Their marriage lasted for 3 years until 1989 when they divorced.
- Jason Patric (1988) – In 1988, Wright was in a short-lasting relationship with the American actor Jason Patric.
- Sean Penn (1990–1995, 1996-2009) – Robin commenced dating the American actor Sean Penn back in 1990. Despite a brief separation in 1995, Wright and Penn got married on April 27, 1996. They were in the marriage for 9 years until April 2009, when they separated from each other. Robin and Sean officially divorced in July 2010. They have two children, Dylan Frances (born on April 13, 1991) and Hopper Jack (born on August 6, 1993).
- Ben Foster (2011-2015) – Robin met the American actor Ben Foster on the sets of the movie Rampart (2011) and they were next seen having dinner in an Italian restaurant in Australia. On January 11, 2014, the couple got engaged, but they broke off their engagement on November 12, 2014. Despite the fact that they were briefly separated, the two managed to fix their relationship problems and got back together again only to finally end it in August 2015.
- Clément Giraudet (2017-2022) – She started dating the Saint Laurent executive, Clément Giraudet in 2017. The couple secretly got married in La Roche-sur-le-Buis, France in August 2018. In September 2022, it was revealed that the couple had separated and had filed for divorce after 4 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Robin Wright is of English, with smaller amounts of Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, French, and Irish descent.
- Blue eyes
- Blonde hair
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
She is known for her role as Kelly Capwell in the soap opera Santa Barbara (1984 – 1993), for which she was nominated for three Daytime Emmy Awards.
Wright is also known for movies like The Princess Bride (1987), Toys (1992), Forrest Gump (1994), Message in a Bottle (1999), The Conspirator (2010), Moneyball (2011), and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011).
Wright’s first movie appearance was in the movie Hollywood Vice Squad (1986), in which she played the role of Lori Stanton.
First TV Show
Robin first gained notice in the TV series The Yellow Rose (1983–1984), in which she showed up in 2 episodes playing the character of Barbara Anderson.
You can read more about how Robin stays in such a great shape HERE.
Robin Wright Favorite Things
- Dish – Chicken pot pie
- Sweet – Dark chocolate covered blueberries
- Singer – Led Zeppelin
- Designers – Ralph Lauren, Gucci, and Stella McCartney
- Restaurant – In-N-Out Burger
Source – USWeekly
Robin Wright Facts
- She does not like to watch TV.
- She often wears Chanel No 5 perfume.
- Wright had learned three guitar chords when she was younger.
- Despite her fears of skydiving, Robin wants to try it.
- When Robin was 14, she worked as a model in Paris and Japan.
- Robin possesses two oil pumps in Texas, Dallas, USA.
- She is the former daughter-in-law of Eileen Ryan and Leo Penn.
- From 2013 to 2018, she played the role of Claire Underwood, Frank’s wife who runs the Clean Water Initiative, in the political thriller streaming television series, House of Cards. This role won her Golden Globe Award and Satellite Award in the “Best Actress – Television Series Drama” category.
- Robin was ranked among Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in April 2014.
- She supports Raise Hope for Congo campaign.