|A Boogie wit da Hoodie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 6, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
A Boogie wit da Hoodie is an American rapper known for his hit singles like Drowning, Still Think About You, Proud of Me Now, and Not a Regular Person. He has collaborated with many popular artists and has a huge social media fan base with more than 7 million followers on Instagram. His official YouTube channel has more than 5 million subscribers.
Artist Julius Dubose
A Boogie wit da Hoodie, A Boogie
The Bronx, New York, United States
The Bronx, New York, United States
Artist Julius Dubose went to the DeWitt Clinton High School. He later got enrolled at the Preparatory Academy in Fort Pierce, Florida. He completed his high school education at the Preparatory Academy.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper
A Boogie wit da Hoodie is represented by BTG Management Group.
- Highbridge the Label
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julius Dubose has dated –
- Ella Rodriguez (2015-2019; 2019-2021) – Boogie is in a relationship with the Instagram star, Ella Rodriguez. In February 2017, she gave birth to their daughter, Melody Valentine. Ella often flaunts their relationship on social media. Ella broke up with him 2019 on the account of infidelity after he had reportedly cheated on her. It was later reported that they had rekindled their romance. They welcomed their 2nd child, a son named Artist Dubose, Jr. on June 27, 2020, and broke up again in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short trimmed hairdo
- Often wears a thick gold or silver neck chain
- A Boogie wit da Hoodie has done endorsement work for the footwear brand, Jordan in 2017.
- In 2017, he was announced as the brand ambassador of the premium wine brand, Luc Belaire.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his single, Drowning, which managed to reach as high as the 38th position on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
- Having collaborated with popular hip-hop artists such as YoungBoy Never Broke Again, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Kodak Black, and 21 Savage.
In September 2017, he released his debut studio album, The Bigger Artist, which made its US Billboard 200 debut on the 4th spot. Also, after having sold over 500,000 copies by March 2018, it was certified as ‘Gold’ by the RIAA.
First TV Show
In October 2017, A Boogie wit da Hoodie made his first TV show appearance on the TV mini-series, Sneaker Shopping.
A Boogie wit da Hoodie Favorite Things
- Song of “The Bigger Artist” – No Promises, No Comparison
- NBA Team – OKC Thunder
Source – BCG Mag
A Boogie wit da Hoodie Facts
- His early teen years were smooth and calm as he rarely got into trouble because of his shy and secretive nature. However, the troubled years began after he got into high school as he started skipping classes and started peddling drugs.
- He was often arrested in New York for selling marijuana and cannabis. When he turned 16, his parents decided to send him to Florida in a hope that he would stay away from trouble there. Even in Florida, he refused to mend his ways and was eventually placed under house arrest. However, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he had a lot of free time, which he used to work on his music.
- After high school graduation, he decided to focus on his music career and took up a couple of jobs such as pizza delivery and working in construction to make ends meet.
- It took him a long time in completing his debut song Temporary as he struggled with rap flow, which prompted him to hire a singing coach to get his vocal technique right. He eventually released the single at the age of 19.
- In 2015, he decided to move back to New York City to work full time on his music career.
- His debut mixtape, Artist was inspired by a messy romantic relationship. He took inspiration from his heartbreak to write his popular song, Still Think About You.
- In 2015, he collaborated with fellow rapper Quincy “QP” Acheampong to start his Highbridge Label. They also created a home studio.
- ‘A’ in his rap name comes from his first name ‘Artist’, Boogie comes from his childhood neighborhood of The Bronx, and the Hoodie addition comes from his penchant for wearing hoodies.
- He posted his first soundtrack on SoundCloud in June 2014. It was a freestyle called 0 to 100.
- In 2016, he was hired by Drake to open for him in 3 concerts. He was also roped in by Future for his Summer Sixteen Tour.
- In May 2021, he teamed up with Rowdy Rebel for a new single titled 9 Bridge.
- In May 2021, he released a new track titled 24 Hours, which debuted at No. 92 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- In December 2021, he released a new EP titled B4 A Boogie vs. Artist.
- In April 2022, A Boogie wit da Hoodie teamed up with H.E.R. for a new song titled Playa.
- In December 2022, he released a new studio album titled Me vs. Myself.
- In February 2023, he released a Valentine’s single titled No 808’s.
- In April 2023, he teamed up with Dutch DJ Tiësto for a new track titled Chills (LA Hills). The song peaked at 11 on the Billboard US Dance/Electronic chart.
- In September 2023, he released a new EP titled B4 BOA.
- Visit his official website @ aboogiehbtl.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-2.0