|Tiësto Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1969|
Tiesto (pronounced as tee-ES-toh) has been titled the Greatest DJ of All Time by the fans of MixMag magazine. Tiesto, who produced EDM music, has been said the “Godfather of EDM” by many. From 2002 to 2004, Tiesto remained the #1 DJ in the world as per the readers of by DJ Magazine.
His annual income was calculated at $39 million by Forbes in 2016. He released his first studio album in 2001.
Tijs Michiel Verwest
Allure, Steve Forte Rio, Da Joker, DJ Limited, Drumfire, Handover Circuit, Boys Will Be Boys, Passenger, Roze, Stray Dog, Tom Ace, Tst, Wild Bunch, Godfather of EDM
DJ, Record Producer
The following agencies represent Tiesto –
- Prime Time Management B.V. (Netherlands)
- Red Light Management (U.S.)
Progressive House, Future House, Electro House, Big Room House, Trance, Deep House
- Musical Freedom
- Black Hole Recordings
- Spinnin’ Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tiesto has dated –
- Monique Spronk (2006) – Tiesto had a brief affair with Dutch model Monique in early 2006.
- Stacey Blokzijl (2007-2009) – Tiesto asked Stacey to marry him in December 2007, when they were at Mauritius, and it was announced that the two were all set to tie the knot on October 10, 2008, in Cartagena, Colombia. In August 2008, he announced that he had no time to prepare and had a packed schedule and hence, canceled the wedding. Stacey eventually decided to break off their relationship and the engagement.
- Kelly Carrington (2008) – Tiesto had a fling with model and designer Kelly Carrington in 2008.
- Annika Backes (2015-Present) – Tiesto began dating Annika in 2015. In December 2017, he announced on his Instagram that the two were engaged. They tied the knot in September 2019 in Utah Desert. Tiesto had written “Love of my life 21-09-2019” as the description while confirming the marriage on his Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Tiesto has Dutch ancestry.
Tiësto has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- 7 Up
Best Known For
- Being one of the earliest and most prominent DJs and record producers in the EDM genre and also regarded as the “Godfather of EDM”.
- Being voted as the number 1 DJ by DJ Magazine from 2002 to 2004.
Tiesto released his first studio album in 2001 called In My Memory. The album consisted of 9 tracks with a total playtime of 68 minutes and 19 seconds.
Tiesto made his theatrical film debut in the drama movie Hey DJ as himself in 2003.
First TV Show
Tiesto made his first television show appearance on the series Dance TV in 2000 as himself.
Since his work schedule and career is demoing, Tiesto ensures he gets good sleep and maintains a healthy diet. He also works out, when he finds the time.
Tiësto Favorite Things
- Music Platforms – 1001tracklists.com, SoundCloud, Spotify
- Sandwich Topping – Aged cheese and eggs
- Egg Dish – Egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, peppers, coriander, and sambal
- Football Team – NAC Breda
- Sneakers – Adidas EQT Support 93/17 pair in off-white
- City – Miami
- Club – LIV in Miami
- Time To Play – Evening
- Band – Sigur Ros
- His passion for music began at the age of 12.
- He is the co-founder of the music label Black Hole Recordings and sub-label SongBird.
- Fellow DJ Martin Garrix is a good friend of Tiesto.
- He won the Grammy award under the “Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical” category in 2015 for his remixed version of John Legend‘s hit “All of Me”.
- While working at a record store, he heard a DJ named Sven Vath for 6 hours and didn’t know a single record. That day, he decided that he wanted to venture into music.
- He was appointed as the Officer of the Order of Orange-Nassau by Queen Beatrix of Holland in May 2004.
- He is the first and the only DJ who has a wax statue at Madame Tussauds located at Amsterdam.
- For the 2004 Summer Olympics, Tiesto performed during the “Parade of Nations” in the opening ceremony, making him the only DJ to perform at an Olympic event.
- He launched his radio station called Tiësto’s Club Life in April 2007.
- He has an exclusive collection with designer brand Guess which includes a watch and apparels.
- Visit his official website @ www.tiesto.com.
- Follow Tiesto on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Brandon Lim / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0