|Thomasin McKenzie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 2000|
Thomasin McKenzie is a New Zealander actress who is best known for her portrayal of Tom in Debra Granik’s award-winning film, Leave No Trace, in 2018. She has also been cast in several other films such as Existence (2012), The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014), and Jean (2016). Thomasin is also noted for starring as Pixie Hannah in Shortland Street in 2015.
Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie
Wellington, New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
As of 2018, Thomasin was studying in Year 13 at the Samuel Marsden Collegiate School.
- Father – Stuart McKenzie (Film Director, Playwright)
- Mother – Miranda Harcourt (Actress, Acting Coach)
- Siblings – Peter McKenzie (Older Brother), Davida (Younger Sister)
- Others – Peter Harcourt (Maternal Grandfather) (Entrepreneur), Kate Harcourt (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Gordon Harcourt (Uncle) (TV Presenter)
Thomasin is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Untitled Entertainment
- Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC
- Gail Cowan Management Ltd.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish, English, and Jersey ancestry.
Best Known For
- Winning several awards for her role as Tom in the award-winning drama film, Leave No Traces (2018)
- Being cast in numerous shows such as Shortland Street (2015) and Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose (2017)
- Starring in many films such as The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) and Consent: The Louise Nicholas Story (2014)
Thomasin made her feature film debut as Scraps in the drama film, Existence, in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Pixie Hannah in the soap opera, Shortland Street, in 2015.
Thomasin McKenzie Favorite Things
- Actresses To Look Up To – Jennifer Lawrence, AnnaSophia Robb, Emma Watson
- Songs – 3 Rounds and a Sound by Blind Pilot
- Movie – Phantom Thread (2017)
- Book Series – Cherub
- Top – A white t-shirt that reads “Strong Female Character”
- Thing About America – Learning about the animals that she can’t find in New Zealand
- Disney Princess – Beauty and the Beast‘s Belle
- Toast Spread – Marmite
- Soda – Lemon Lime and Bitters
- Subject In School – Biology, French
- Song In Her Playlist In 2017 – Lime Cordial’s Waking up Easy
Source – YouTube, Stuff, Tearaway.co.nz
Thomasin McKenzie Facts
- She was born and raised in Wellington, New Zealand. However, she once, at the age of 6, visited the U.S. for about 3 months with her mother and attended a school as well.
- Thomasin’s almost entire family is associated with film and entertainment industry in some way or the other.
- In 2018, she made her first American film appearance in Leave No Trace as Tom.
- Prior to being cast in the biopic Consent: The Louise Nicholas Story in 2014, Thomasin did not want to be an actress because she did not want to follow in the footsteps of her family.
- She looks up to actors who are passionate about their career and doing their part to make the world a better place.
- Thomasin prefers to listen and observe rather than be a chatterbox.
- In 2018, she made on amongst the 20 rising stars compiled on Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen Talent list.
Featured Image by Thomasin McKenzie / Instagram