|Joivan Wade Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joivan Wade is a British actor, writer, director, and producer who is most well recognized for playing characters such as Manyou in the sitcom Big School (2013), Failia in the comedy-drama TV series Youngers (2013-2014), Jordan Johnson in the soap opera EastEnders (2016), and the fictional superhero character of Victor Stone / Cyborg in the web TV series Doom Patrol (2019-Present).
Joivan Derek Graham Wade
Bromley, London, England, United Kingdom
He splits his time between London, England, United Kingdom, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Joivan had attended The Ravensbourne School in Bromley; and at the age of 13, had also been enrolled at the D&B Academy of Performing Arts, again in Bromley. When he was 15 years old, he had made a firm decision to pursue a career in acting and had joined The Brit School, a renowned performing arts and technology school in Croydon, London. He had earned a triple distinction in performing arts (acting) there.
Actor, Writer, Director, Producer
- Father – Derek Wade (Social Worker, Musician) (d. 2014)
- Mother – Andrea Wade (Ordained Minister, Corporate Life Coach)
- Siblings – Romayle Wade (Older Brother), Jerome Wade (Younger Brother). He has another brother.
- Others – He has a step-father.
He is represented by –
- Sainou Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Atlas Artists, Los Angeles, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Nicki Fioravante, PR Agent, Viewpoint Inc., Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thin mustache
Joivan Wade Facts
- Joivan, apart from his love for acting and comic books, was also a highly talented soccer player in his youth. He had attended trials for the Under-23 and academy teams of both Charlton Athletic F.C. and Crystal Palace F.C., well-known English soccer clubs.
- His father, Derek Wade, had founded an organization known as The Polishing Project which was used to help underprivileged youth. He was also an integral member of the British gospel music group known as The Wades that was popular in the1980s.
- He has often stated that Will Smith has been his biggest inspiration and he would love to follow a similar career path where he could pursue writing, directing, and producing, in addition to acting. Taking a leaf out of Will’s book, he had jointly started a production company known as JPD3 Entertainment. He had also co-founded, in 2015, the online comedy network Wall Of Comedy.
- He had started a charitable organization called Wade’s World with his brothers to help youngsters deal with stress, anxiety, and bullying, and to help them discover ways to pursue their dreams.
- In 2019, he had been named by Variety magazine in its list of ’10 Brits to Watch’.
Featured Image by Joivan Wade / Instagram