|Will Smith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1968|
Will Smith is an American actor, voiceover artist, writer, producer, director, and rapper who is regarded as one of the most successful Hollywood actors and has won at least 4 Grammy Awards and has been nominated for at least 5 Golden Globe Awards and 2 Academy Awards. Some of his best-known work has been in movies and shows like The Pursuit of Happyness, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Men in Black, The Legend of Bagger Vance, and Independence Day.
Willard Christopher Smith Jr.
Will Smith, The Fresh Prince, Mr. July, Big Willy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He never applied to any of the schools. He had high scores in SAT and was offered a scholarship to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, but he turned down the offer as he was not interested to go to college.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Writer, Producer, Director, Rapper
- Father – Willard Christopher Smith, Sr. (U.S. Air Force Veteran, Refrigeration Engineer)
- Mother – Caroline (née Bright) (School Board Administrator)
- Siblings – Harry Smith (Twin of Ellen) (Younger Brother), Ellen Smith (Harry’s Twin) (Younger Sister), Pamela Smith (Older Sister)
- Others – George Wilmer/Willard Emmett Smith (Paternal Grandfather), Ellen King (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Overbrook Entertainment, Inc.
Pop-Rap, R&B, Pop/Rock, Urban, Party Rap
Jive / RCA Records, Columbia / SME, Interscope / Universal Music Group
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Smith has dated –
- Debbie Allen – Will Smith is rumored to have had a fling with actress and dancer Debbie Allen in the past. Also, they had a height difference of 1 foot, Allen being the shorter one.
- Garcelle Beauvais (1990-1991) – Black Haitian actress, who is two years older than Smith dated him from 1990 to 1991.
- Sheree Zampino (1991-1995) – Will started dating Zampino in 1991 and married her in May 1992. Together, they had a son, Willard Christopher Smith III (also known as Trey). You can see Trey in 1998 single’s music video of Will Smith “Just the Two of Us”. The couple divorced in December 1995.
- Tyra Banks (1993-1994) – The famous Victoria’s Secret model Tyra Banks dated Smith between 1993 and 1994.
- Nia Long (1995) – The couple had an on-screen appearance on the TV series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996), and Smith then had around a 10-month-long relationship with Nia Long.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (1995-Present) – On December 31, 1997, Smith married actress and producer Jada Koren Pinkett at a hotel in Baltimore after dating her for a while. They parent 2 children – son Jaden Christopher Syre (born July 8, 1998) and daughter Willow Camille Reign (born October 31, 2000). Their children have also pursued a career in the entertainment industry. In July 2020, it was revealed that Jada had a brief encounter with singer-songwriter August Alsina in 2018. However, Jada and Will have resolved their issues and have only grown stronger as a couple. In September 2021, Will revealed that his relationship with Jada was non-monogamous.
- Karrine Steffans-McCrary (2004) – Steffans is a black American writer, model, and actress. The couple had an encounter together in 2004.
- Duane Martin (2011) – In the year 2011, there were gay rumors of Will Smith, who was rumored to be dating another American actor, Duane.
- Margot Robbie (2013) – It was rumored that Smith had a fling with Australian actress and producer, Margot Robbie, in the year 2013 and the duo also worked together in the 2015 comedy-drama film, Focus.
Race / Ethnicity
Will Smith is of African-American descent.
- “Aw, hell no!” is the dialogue in which he can be seen speaking in various movies.
- Often plays the role of an agent or cop in movies.
- He has never applied to the school.
Will Smith’s chest, biceps, and waist measurements are unknown.
He has done endorsement work for brands like Coca-Cola.
Best Known For
Playing the role of James Darrell Edwards / Agent J in Men in Black film series. The film first hit the theaters in 1997.
Solo – Big Willie Style, released in November 1997 in the US under the label Columbia. The album consists of 16 singles making it a total length of 54:14 minutes.
With DJ Jazzy Jeff – Released in March 1987, Rock the House is the debut album of this duo. This album consisted of 10 singles with 46:17 as its total length.
As an Actor – 1992 drama film Where The Day Takes You in which he starred for his role as Manny.
As a Producer – 2002 action comedy film Showtime.
First TV Show
He debuted on the television by hosting the show Saturday Morning Videos in 1990.
But, he is better known as the lead character in NBC’s sitcom television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as William “Will” Smith from 1990 to 1996.
Darrell Foster is the trainer of Smith.
Will Smith Favorite Things
- Favorite TV Show – Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (1990-1996)
- Favorite Accessory – Jewelry
- Favorite Colors – Red, Green
- Favorite Place – Australia, Mozambique
Will Smith Facts
- He has also got the status of being the most powerful Hollywood actor by Newsweek in April 2007.
- As of 2013, he has won four Grammy awards.
- He raps under the name “The Fresh Prince”.
- Will Smith’s parents separated when he was thirteen (in 1981), but they did not take divorce until around 2000.
- He is good friends with Ken Foree.
- Will Smith, together with his brother Harry Smith owns a Beverly Hills-based company called Treyball Development Inc.
- As a solo artist, Will has sold over 20 million copies of his albums worldwide.
- Smith has appeared with his son in movies like The Pursuit of Happyness (2006), After Earth (2013).
- Will has also appeared with his daughter in the movie I Am Legend (2007).
- In 2012, he supported the need for legalizing same-s*x marriage.
- He can speak fluent Spanish and enjoys playing chess.
- As per Forbes, Will was placed at 8th position in the highest-paid actors’ list of 2020 with $44.5 million in earnings. The 1st position was held by Dwayne Johnson.
- Will Smith is sometimes confused to be related to Justice Smith.
- In May 2021, he started a ‘Grown Man Sexy’ challenge which is a 12-week challenge of body transformation, to bring the COVID-19 pandemic body back to a better and healthier shape.
- In his YouTube docuseries, Will Smith: The Best Shape of My Life, Will revealed that he once considered suicide.
- During the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards, Will won the award for “Best Male Movie Actor” for his role as Richard Williams in King Richard. For the same role, he won the “Best Actor” award at the 2022 African American Film Critics Association Awards.
- In March 2022, Will won the award for “Best Actor” at the Critics Choice Awards for his work in King Richard.
- During the 2022 Academy Awards, Will punched Chris Rock after he made a joke about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith’s hair loss. He later issued a formal apology for the incident. After the incident, in April 2022, it was announced that Will had resigned from The Academy.
- For slapping Chris Rock on stage in 2022, Will Smith was banned for the next 10 years from attending the Oscars. He was also banned from attending other events held by Hollywood’s top film group for the next 10 years.
- In May 2022, after the “Oscar slap” incident, it was revealed that Will was going to therapy.
- In March 2022, he won the Oscar for “Best Actor” for his work in King Richard. This was Will’s first Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- Will was the eighth-most searched celebrity of 2022 on Google. Amber Heard was the most searched.
- Will Smith was the second most searched actor of 2022 on Google.
- In March 2023, during the 14th Annual AAFCA Awards, Will received “The Beacon Award” for his movie Emancipation.