|August Alsina Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
August Alsina is an American rapper, TV personality, and singer, best known for his single, I Luv This Sh*t, released on February 19, 2013, in collaboration with a fellow rapper Trinidad James. It was the debut single from his debut EP, Downtown: Life Under the Gun (2013), which was also included on his debut studio album, Testimony (2014). On December 11, 2015, he released his 2nd studio album, This Thing Called Life, which debuted at number 14 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold more than 41k copies in its 1st week.
August Anthony Alsina Jr.
Aug, Triple A
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
He attended a middle school in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
Singer, Rapper, TV Personality
- Siblings – Melvin La’Branch III (Older Brother) (Killed in a shooting on August 31, 2010)
- Others – Chandra (Sister-in-Law) (Died on December 26, 2018, from cancer), August Joseph Alsina (Paternal Grandfather), Allegria Lena O’Connor (Paternal Grandmother), August J. Alsina/Alcina (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Lillian/Lilly/Lillie Valdez (Paternal Great-Grandmother), John/Johnnie H. O’Connor (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Bera O’Connor (Paternal Great-Grandmother). He has 3 nieces.
August Alsina is represented by KBSTA MUSIC (Manager) in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
R&B, Alternative R&B, Hip Hop, Hip Hop Soul
- Shake the World
- Def Jam Recordings (Former)
- Empire Distribution
- Universal Music Group
- Radio Killa
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
August Alsina has dated –
- Mandy Williams (2013-2015) – Between October 2013 and August 2015, he and Mandy were an item.
- Analicia Chaves (2014) – August had an encounter with an adult/glamour model, Analicia Chaves in April 2014.
- Kayla Phillips (2014) – He allegedly dated adult/glamour model Kayla Phillips between August and October 2014.
- Miracle Watts (2015-2016) – Between September 2015 and May 2016, August was in a relationship with an adult/glamour model, Miracle Watts.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (2018) – August allegedly had an affair with the actress and wife of Will Smith in August 2018. He released a song titled Nunya in March 2019 and its lyrics alluded that he had a s*xual partner whom he never mentioned before. The name of the person he was texting in the music video was Koren, which was Jada’s middle name, and they also stopped following each other on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He is primarily of African-American descent but also has some Cuban ancestry.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Dark Brown,’ ‘Red,’ and ‘Blonde’ in the past.
- Long afro haircut
- Multiple tattoos
- Dazzling white smile
August Alsina Facts
- No one in his family was musically inclined. August was inspired to sing after he saw the singer Lauryn Hill in the musical comedy movie, Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993).
- Both his father and stepfather were addicted to crack cocaine.
- In 2005, he and his mother moved to Houston, Texas, after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Louisiana.
- After he was kicked out of his mom’s home due to disagreements, he moved to Atlanta, Georgia, United States in 2011.
- August released his debut mixtape, The Product in April 2012.
- In 2014, he was diagnosed with a degenerative eye disease, keratoconus.
- August also has an unspecified hereditary autoimmune disease that attacked his liver in the past.
- In July 2019, August ended up in the hospital after he woke up and lost the ability to walk due to nerve damage from the autoimmune disease. He also had to cancel his appearance at the 2019 Essence festival.
- In September 2019, his doctors created an IV antibody immunotherapy that worked on encouraging his nervous system to rebuild itself.
- He is very religious.
- August’s musical influences include Lyfe Jennings and Usher, among others.
- Globally, August was the 9th most-searched person of 2020 on Google.
- In April 2022, August released a new song titled Shake the World. The song reportedly references his relationship with Jada Pinkett Smith.
Featured Image by August Alsina / Instagram