|Brad Sherman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1954|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brad Sherman is an American accountant, politician, and tax law specialist who has served as the U.S. representative for California’s 32nd congressional district.
Bradley James Sherman
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, United States
Brad Sherman studied at Mark Keppel High School and Corona del Mar High School in California. He later got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), a public land-grant research university in Los Angeles, California, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in political science in 1974.
In 1979, he earned a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School (HLS) (the law school of Harvard University) located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Accountant, Politician, Tax Law Specialist
- Father – Maurice Hyman Sherman
- Mother – Lane Sherman
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brad Sherman has dated –
- Lisa Nicola Kaplan (2006-Present) – He tied the knot with Lisa Nicola Kaplan (a foreign affairs officer for the U.S. State Department) on December 3, 2006, and the duo was blessed with its first child, a daughter named Molly Hannah Sherman, on January 14, 2009. They parent 2 more daughters, namely, Naomi Claire Sherman (b. February 6, 2010) and Lucy Rayna Sherman (b. August 8, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Brad Sherman is of Russian Jewish descent.
Salt and Pepper
He has been a member of Valley Beth Shalom, a conservative synagogue in Encino, California.
Brad Sherman Facts
- Prior to his stint in Congress, Brad Sherman was employed at one of the nation’s big-four CPA firms and participated in audits of large businesses and governmental entities as a staff member as well as provided tax law counsel on multi-million-dollar transactions and advised entrepreneurs and small businesses on tax and investment issues.
- From 1991 to 1996, he served on the California State Board of Equalization and chaired the board from 1991 to 1995.
- In 1996, he was elected to the United States House of Representatives for the first time and went on to become a senior member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. He has also served as the top Democrat on the Subcommittee on Asia as well as the chairman emeritus of the Subcommittee on International Terrorism, Non-Proliferation, and Trade.
- In the 2012 United States House of Representatives elections in California § District 30, Brad Sherman was endorsed by several noted figures such as Dianne Feinstein, David Dreier, Elton Gallegly, Buck McKeon, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Joe Lieberman. In addition to that, he was also endorsed by then-lieutenant governor (and future governor) Gavin Newsom and former president Bill Clinton. He subsequently won the election, defeating Democrat Howard Berman 60%–40%.
- After Sheila Jackson Lee, he was named the second-meanest member of the United States House of Representatives in the Washingtonian‘s 2012 anonymous survey of congressional staff.
- Brad Sherman has supported LGBT rights and same-s*x marriage. He has been a member of the LGBT Equality Caucus as well as voted for the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010.
- When it comes to social security and health care, Brad Sherman has stated that he is “opposed to creating a voucher system for Medicare” as he has wanted to avoid “turn[ing] Social Security into a welfare program”, instead keeping it “for people who contribute to it”.
- He has opposed Free Trade deals with South Korea, Colombia, and other countries as he believes they are bad for American workers.
- Brad Sherman has been a recipient of the “Humane Champion” award.
- He is pro-choice and opposed the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
- He has served as an instructor at Harvard Law School’s International Tax Program.
Featured Image by United States Congress / bradsherman.house.gov / Public Domain