|Gavin Newsom Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1967|
Gavin Newsom is an American politician and businessman who is renowned for serving as the 40th governor of California (2019-Present). Prior to that, he served as the 42nd mayor of San Francisco (2004-2011) and the 49th lieutenant governor of California (2011-2019).
Gavin Christopher Newsom
San Francisco, California, United States
Fair Oaks, California, United States
For his kindergarten and first grade, Gavin attended the French-American bilingual school called Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires in San Francisco. But, he struggled with dyslexia and so, from the third through fifth grades, he studied in the remedial reading classes at Notre Dame des Victoires. He later went to Redwood High School and graduated in 1985.
Moreover, he got enrolled at Santa Clara University on a partial baseball scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in political science in 1989.
- Father – William Newsom (State Appeals Court Judge)
- Mother – Tessa Menzies
- Siblings – Hilary Newsom (Sister)
- Others – Joanna Newsom (Second Cousin) (Musician, Actress)
Gavin Newsom’s net worth was $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gavin Newsom has dated –
- Kelley Phleger (1992-1997)
- Jewel (1997-1998)
- Kimberly Guilfoyle (2001-2006) – In December 2001, he married Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former San Francisco prosecutor and legal commentator. Their wedding took place at Saint Ignatius Catholic Church, which is on the campus of the University of San Francisco; Guilfoyle’s alma mater. However, they jointly filed for divorce in January 2005, and it was finalized in February 2006.
- Ruby Rippey-Tourk (2005)
- Brittanie Mountz (2006-2007)
- Sofia Milos (2006-2007)
- Jennifer Siebel (2008-Present) – Gavin began a romantic relationship with the film director Jennifer Siebel in September 2006. He proposed to his ladylove in December 2007, and the two tied the knot in July 2008. Together, they have 4 children: daughters named Montana Newsom and Brooklynn Newsom, and sons named Hunter Newsom and Dutch Newsom.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, English, and Scottish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Tall height
- Dimpled smile
Gavin Newsom Facts
- He is the godfather of the designer and model, Nats Getty.
- Gavin grew up with dyslexia, which made reading, writing, spelling, and dealing with numbers a challenge for him during his school years. Additionally, he prefers to understand reports and documents by listening to audio to this day.
- During his marriage to Kimberly Guilfoyle, the two featured in the September 2004 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. The couple posed at the luxurious Getty Villa and was introduced as ‘the New Kennedys’ in the magazine spread.
- While addressing the representatives of Native Americans in a June 2019 speech, Newsom offered a public apology for the genocide of Native Americans that was approved and abetted by the California state government upon achieving statehood in the 19th century. Between the years 1849 and 1870, close to 4500 Native Californians were killed according to an estimate. In the speech, he said, “That’s what it was, a genocide. No other way to describe it. And that’s the way it needs to be described in the history books”.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0