|RJ Mitte Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1992|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
RJ Mitte is an American actor who is most well known for playing the character of Walter ‘Flynn’ White Jr. in the global hit crime drama TV series Breaking Bad (2008–2013). His other prominent TV characters include Campbell Bingman in the family drama TV series Switched at Birth (2014) and Leif in the comedy TV series Now Apocalypse (2019). He is also well recognized for his work in the films House of Last Things (2013), Who’s Driving Doug (2016), The Recall (2017), and Standing Up for Sunny (2019). Just like his character in Breaking Bad, he is afflicted with cerebral palsy in real life. For his work as Walter ‘Flynn’ White Jr., he was honored with the ‘SAG-AFTRA Harold Russell Award’ at the 2013 Media Access Awards. The Screen Actors Guild (SAG) had then named him as the spokesman for actors with disabilities. He has also served as a celebrity ambassador for the international non-profit charitable organization United Cerebral Palsy.
Roy Frank Mitte III
Jackson, Hinds County, Mississippi, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Siblings – Lacianne Carriere (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Roy Frank Mitte Jr. (Adoptive Father), Dyna Mitte (Adoptive Mother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
RJ Mitte has dated –
- In an August 2019 interview, RJ Mitte had revealed that he had started a relationship when he was 15 years old and it had lasted for nearly 5 years.
- Jodi Lyn O’Keefe – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Thick Eyebrows
In 2014, RJ Mitte had modeled for a campaign for the clothing retailer, The Gap, Inc.
RJ Mitte Facts
- He had been delivered by an emergency caesarian operation and he was not breathing when he was born. This led to him suffering from permanent brain damage.
- A few weeks after his birth, he was adopted but his adoptive parents separated when he was 2 months old. After this, he was raised primarily by his adoptive mother.
- When he was 3 years old, he was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and his feet were put in casts for nearly 6 months to straighten them. He had to use leg braces and crutches for most of his childhood but by the time he became a teenager, he had strengthened his body enough, via sports and exercise, to no longer depend on any walking devices. By the time he turned 13, he had become financially responsible for his family and would often take up multiple jobs to earn a steady income.
- In 2006, at the age of 14, he had moved to Hollywood and started to get acting lessons and training to seek acting opportunities where his disability could help educate viewers. This pursuit eventually landed him an audition for his breakthrough role in Breaking Bad.
- In 2013, he had won the ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series’ award at the prestigious Screen Actors Guild Awards for his work in Breaking Bad. For the same show, he had been nominated for this award in both 2011 and 2012.
Featured Image by RJ Mitte / Instagram