Rheinberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany
She was popular at her high school due to her height. Unlike many other models, she completed her schooling/education and then pursued her career in modeling.
Model, creative director
- Father – Heinz Schiffer (Lawyer) (Died in 2007)
- Mother – Gudrun Schiffer
- Siblings – Stefan Schiffer (Brother), Andreas (Brother), Ann Carolin (Sister)
Claudia is signed to these talent agencies –
- One Management – New York
- D’Management Group – Milan
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Model Management – Hamburg (Mother Agency)
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- Artform – Tel Aviv
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claudia Schiffer dated –
- David Copperfield (1993-1999) – She started dating magician David Copperfield in November 1993, when they met during David’s show in Germany. The duo engaged and married in 1994 and were an item up to 1999. During this time, she also acted as a special guest assistant in his shows. They divorced in 1999.
- Bruce Hoeksema (1999) – She briefly dated designer Bruce Hoeksema in 1999.
- Tim Jefferies (1999-2000) – From 1999 to November 2000, she was romantically linked to a Britisher, who is an art dealer and Green Shield Stamp heir Tim Jefferies.
- Matthew Vaughn (2000-Present) – In November 2000, Claudia commenced dating British film director Matthew Vaughn. She married him on May 25, 2002. The couple has three children – son Caspar Matthew de Vere (born – January 30, 2003), and daughters Clementine Poppy (born – November 11, 2004) and Cosima Violet (born – May 14, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
37-24-36 in or 94-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Claudia has appeared in many advertising campaigns of brands like Accessorize, Airfield, Alberta Ferretti fragrance, Alma Couture, Apriori, Airfield, Atelier Versace, Balmain, Bendon, Bergdorf Goodman, Betty Barclay, Blumarine, Bvlgari, Byblos, Caro Cuore, Carrera y Carrera, Cashmere, Chanel, Chanel Cruise, Chaumet perfume, Chloé, Christ Jewellery, Christian Dior, Citroën, Club Med, Coccapani, Cue Design, D&G ‘Anthology’ fragrance, Dillards, Dolce & Gabbana, Dom Perignon, Ebel Watches, El Corte Ingles, Emporio Armani, Escada, Fanta, Fendi, Ferragamo, Phillips, GAP, Genny, Gianfranco Ferre, Gianni Versace Couture, Giorgio Armani, Gottex, Guess?, GV Jeans, Helmut Lang, Hennes & Mauritz, IBlues, Iceberg, Il Marchese Coccapani, Istante, Jacobs Café, Janet Frazer, Jil Sander, Jones New York, Joop, Junko Shimada, Karl Lagerfeld, Katharine Hamnett, Kenar, Kenzo, Kérastase, Lagerfeld ‘Photo’ parfum, La Redoute, Lalique perfume, Laura Biagiotti, Leonard, Le Gi, Liverpool, Liz Claiborne, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, L’Oreal, Lord and Taylor, MAC, Mango, Marc Jacobs, Marks and Spencer, Max Mara, Melissa, Michael Kors, Monnari, Neiman Marcus, Newport Jeans, Oscar de la Renta, Otto, Paule Ka, Peek & Cloppenburg, PennyBlack, Pepsi, Porcelanosa, Ports International, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, River Island, Rochas, Saks Fifth Avenue, Salvatore Ferragamo, Scherrer, Soviet jeans, Spiegel, Strenesse Gabriele Strehle, Swish Jeans, Thierry Mugler, Ultimall, Umberto Ginocchietti, Valentino, Versace, Vichy, Victoria’s Secret, Vis a Vis, Victorio Lucchino, Wella, X-O-X-O, Yves Saint Laurent, and Zeki Triko.
Best Known For
Working as a model since 1989 in the fashion industry.
Claudia appeared in 1994 American live-action children’s film Richie Rich as a cameo appearance (she did the role of an aerobics instructor).
First Fashion Show
She debuted with Haute Couture – Autumn / Winter Fashion Show in 1990 where she walked the ramp for Chanel.
Regarding fitness, she relies on vegetable milk, fruits, water and exercise to look good. She doesn’t do strenuous exercises, but a walk makes her feel good and yoga relieves her stress.
To make her skin look good, she drinks at least 1 liter of water and lots of peppermint tea.
Claudia Schiffer Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Fashion Designer – Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Isabel Marant
- Accessory – Anything from Kara Ross or Monica Vinader
- Color – Green
- Scent – Eau Sauvage by Dior
- Face Wash – L’Oréal Paris Triple Active Re-Nourish Cleansing Milk
- Beauty Products – L’Oréal True Match Blusher in Old Rose, L’Oréal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara (for eyelashes), L’Orésl Color Riche in Rose Tendre (Lipstick)
- Architect – Zaha Hadid
- Cocktail – Bellini
- Interior Decorator – Veere Grenney
- Destination – Megève, in the French Alps (for skiing)
- Discovery – Kamut bread and pasta
- Hotel – North Island in Seychelles
- Luggage – Chanel’s handheld luggage
- Writers – Erich Kästner, Matthew Vaughn (Her husband)
- Hotel – Amanpuri resorts in Phuket
- Film – Kick-Ass (2010)
- Artists – Andy Warhol, Candida Höfer, Ed Ruscha, Gerhard Richter, Louise Bourgeois
- Coffee Shop – Starbucks’ frappuccinos
- Beach – Any in Barbuda
- Restaurant – Nobu in London, and L’Ami Louis in Paris
- Earrings – Pair of diamond studs (which she received from her husband)
Claudia Schiffer Facts
- Schiffer also has her wax statue in Grévin Museum in Paris.
- Claudia has been featured in the music video “Say It Isn’t So” by Bon Jovi.
- She got her ears pierced at the age of 35, which were done for the Autumn / Winter 2006 Accessorize advertising campaign.
- During Paris Fashion Week in March 2011, Claudia launched her eponymous cashmere collection. She also serves as the creative director of the brand.
- She is Karl Lagerfeld‘s favorite model.
- Schiffer used to feel shy in school due to her towering height.
- Claudia is fluent in English, German and French language.
- She wanted to be a lawyer, just like her dad.
- She describes her personal style as “Understated chic.”
- Claudia was discovered at the age of 17 by Michel Levaton (owner of Metropolitan Model Agency) in a nightclub in Düsseldorf (where she was celebrating her friend’s birthday). This is when she dropped the idea to become a lawyer.
- She has appeared in more than 700 magazine covers, which is a record.
- She has released a series of fitness videos called “Claudia Schiffer’s Perfectly Fit” for legs, arms, buns, abs, etc.
- Visit her official website @ www.claudiaschiffer.com.
- Join Claudia on Instagram.