|Ella (Musician) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1966|
|Spouse||Azhar Husaini Ghazali|
Ella is a Malaysian musician, actress, model, and entrepreneur who is widely regarded for being one of the best-selling musical artists in the whole of South-East Asia. She started as the frontwoman of a local band but attained much greater success after embarking on a solo career in 1988 with her first 3 albums – Pengemis Cinta (1988), Puteri Kota (1990) and Identiti (1990) – all achieving “Platinum” status. Since then, in a stellar career, she has recorded numerous studio albums and chart-topping singles, developing a strong fan following in countries such as Singapore, Brunei, and Indonesia.
Nor Zila Binti Aminuddin
Ella, Ratu Rock (Queen of Rock), Rock Diva Of Malay Archipelago
Gelugor, George Town, Penang Island, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ella had completed her secondary education from the Tunku Ampuan Rahimah High School in Klang Valley, Greater Kuala Lumpur.
Musician, Singer, Actress, Model, Entrepreneur
- Father – Aminuddin Manap (Deceased)
- Mother – Yang Asmah Yong
- Siblings – Mohammed Nor Izam Aminuddin (Brother), Nor Azraff Aminuddin (Brother), Saidatulnisa Aminuddin (Older Sister), Rozita Jojie Aminuddin (Older Sister), Shahrizan Aminuddin (Older Sister), Azahari Korie Aminuddin (Brother)
- Others – Kaka Azraff (Niece) (Actress, Singer)
She is represented by Ben Jawi, Booking Agent and Manager, Ben Jawi Artist Management, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Warner Music Malaysia
- EMI Music Malaysia
- Universal Music Malaysia
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ella has dated –
- Rashid Sidek – Rumored
- Ray – She was engaged to a man named Ray in the late 1990s but broke up soon after.
- Azhar Husaini Ghazali (2009-Present) – Ella had known pilot Azhar Husaini Ghazali since 2003 but only began dating him seriously in 2009. They eventually got married on July 7, 2012, at Ella’s mother’s home in Klang Valley.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Malaysian descent.
- Wears a hijab (headscarf) in all her performances (Began the practice in 2016)
- Long, straight flowing hair
- Has a mole on her nose
- Affable smile
- Petite frame
Ella Favorite Things
- Interests/Hobbies – Photography, Fashion, Travelling, Collecting Perfumes
- Song – Tak Seindah Wajah by the late Tan Sri S.M. Salim
- She began her singing career at local night clubs and lounges in Kuala Lumpur’s club circuit in the early 1980s. During one such performance, she was spotted by members of a band called The Boys. They approached her for collaboration and eventually started performing with her regularly. The name of their band was later changed to Ella & The Boys.
- Ella was selected to perform the official theme song, Standing In The Eyes Of The World, of the 16th Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur (1998).
- In 2001, she entered the Malaysian Book of Records under 2 categories – “Malaysia’s First Artist With the Highest Number of Sold Albums” and “Malaysia’s First Artist to Record a Full Album in the United States.”
- She was conferred with the “Pingat Setia Mahkota Pahang” (S.M.P.) (The Medal of Honor of the Crown of Pahang) by Sultan Ahmad Shah in 2010.
- In June 2012, she won, as a mentor, a singing talent hunt reality TV show called Mentor (Season 6). Her protege on the show was a contestant named Puteri Caroline Kamel.
- Ella was honored with a “Lifetime Achievement Award” in 2017 by Malaysia’s entertainment and media industry at the Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian Awards.
- In July 2017, she marked the 30th anniversary of her singing career with a concert at the Esplanade Concert Hall, as a part of Pesta Raya, the Esplanade’s annual Malay Arts Festival. The performance was her first solo concert at the esteemed venue in more than 20 years.
- In February 2019, she again entered the Malaysia Book of Records for performing her hit song Kitalah Bintang with 200 musicians. She broke her record of performing with 100 musicians in 2016.
Featured Image by Ella / Facebook