|Pedro Quick Info|
|Heiht||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1987|
Since he was integrated by Pep Guardiola in his iconic Barcelona side, Pedro has proved himself as one of the finest wingers in Europe. Like many, he doesn’t rely on fancy tricks but makes the best use of his intelligent movement and clever reading of the game to get himself into best positions in the attacking third. His technical ability and passing that was honed at the facilities of La Masia ensure that he plays a key role in attacking moves of his side. His immense work rate and down to earth personality has also endeared him to the fans.
Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
London, England, United Kingdom
Pedro started his soccer journey with the youth setup of his hometown club, CD San Isidro. He was later snapped up by Barcelona and he continued his soccer education at club’s famous, La Masia academy.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Juan Antonio Rodriguez Pedro
- Mother – Monserrat Ledesma Encinoso
- Siblings – He is the only child.
Pedro is represented by Bahía Internacional.
33, 27 – FC Barcelona
17 – FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC
7 – FC Barcelona, Spain National Team
11 – Chelsea FC, Spain National Team
9, 12, 18 – Spain National Team
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pedro has dated –
- Carolina Martin (2015-2017) – Pedro started going out with accountant Carolina Martin when he was 17 years old. She was 22 years old at that time. They got married in a lavish wedding ceremony in the summer of 2015. The ceremony was attended by several of his Barcelona teammates. In April 2013, she gave birth to their son, Bryan Rodriguez Martin. As per reports, they officially got divorced in 2017.
- Patricia Magana (2017-Present) – Pedro was first linked with Patricia Magana in September 2017 after they were spotted kissing during an outing in London. At that time, the identity of his new girlfriend was a mystery. It was later revealed that he was dating Patricia, who has worked as a manager for a high profile restaurant in London.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish ancestry.
Sharp and Prominent Nose
Pedro has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. As per the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
Best Known For
- His great performances for the all-conquering Barcelona team that went on to win numerous titles and cup competitions. He played a key role in his side’s 2010-11 UEFA Champions League victory as he scored his side’s opening goal in a 3-1 victory over Manchester United.
- His successful stint with the Chelsea FC. He won a Premier League title with the English giants in his second season with the club.
- Being an integral member of the playing 11 for the Spanish National Team that went on to win the FIFA World Cup in 2010
First Soccer Match
In January 2008, he made his professional debut with Barcelona in the La Liga match against Real Murcia. He was sent in as a very late substitute in his side’s 4-0 win.
In August 2015, Pedro made his first appearance for Chelsea in a Premier League away match against West Bromwich Albion. He scored his side’s first goal and also assisted Diego Costa‘s goal in his side’s 3-2 victory.
In May 2010, he made his first international appearance as Vicente del Bosque sent him as David Silva‘s replacement in a friendly match against Saudi Arabia.
- Turn of Pace
- Long Shots
- Ball Control
- Technical Ability
- Aerial Duels
- In his first season as the manager of Barcelona, Pep Guardiola decided to integrate Pedro, who had performed great for youth teams, in the first team squad. In that season (2008-09), Pedro made 14 appearances. By the start of following season, he had become an integral part of the first team squad.
- In August 2009, he scored his first senior goal for Barcelona as Xavi assisted him for a goal in 2-1 win over Athletic Bilbao in Spanish Super Cup.
- In 2009-10 season, he became the first player to have scored in 6 different club competitions during a single season. He was also the first player to score in 6 different club competitions in a single year.
- In August 2009, he signed a contract extension with the club to extend his stay with the club to June 2014. The club also inserted £60 million buyout clause in his contract.
- He finished his breakthrough season (2009-10) with 23 goals from 53 appearances. He also won La Liga title with the Catalan side in that season.
- In July 2011, he signed a new contract with Barcelona that ensured his stay until 2016 with the club. His buyout clause was increased to €150 million. He signed another extension in June 2015 to extend his contract to June 2019.
- In June 2015, he became a part of the history as he won another treble (domestic league, domestic cup, and European Cup) with Barcelona. The Catalan side was the first team to have won treble twice and Pedro was an integral member of the team that won the first treble under Guardiola.
- In the summer of 2015, he decided to join Chelsea despite a serious interest from Manchester United. He later claimed that the presence of Jose Mourinho was a key factor for him in deciding to join Chelsea.
- In October 2016, he created the record for the fastest goal of the season as he scored within 30 seconds of the start of the match against Manchester United in his side’s 4-0 victory.
- In November 2016, he scored his side’s equalizing goal against Tottenham Hotspur in his side’s 2-1 win. Pedro’s goal was selected as Premier League Goal of the Month for November.
- In June 2010, he scored his first international goal in Spain’s friendly match against Poland, which was hosted just before 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- Visit his official website @ pedro17.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Pedro / Instagram