|Laura Linney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1964|
Laura Linney is an American actor, stage artist, producer, voice actor, and singer. An accomplished theatre actor, she has been cast in productions of plays such as Six Degrees of Separation, The Seagull, Les liaisons dangereuses, Hedda Gabler, Time Stands Still, Uncle Vanya, Holiday, The Little Foxes, Sight Unseen, and The Crucible. Her television roles include playing Wendy Byrde in the crime drama series Ozark, Cathy Jamison in the dramedy The Big C, Mary Ann Singleton in the drama miniseries Tales of the City, Mindy/Charlotte in the sitcom Frasier, and Abigail Adams in the miniseries John Adams. Laura Linney has also appeared in movies like Hyde Park on Hudson, You Can Count On Me, The Savages, Kinsey, Primal Fear, Nocturnal Animals, The Truman Show, Love Actually, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Mr. Holmes, The Roads Not Taken, Mystic River, and The Squid and the Whale. Over the years, her work has won her several accolades including at least 2 Golden Globe Awards and 4 Primetime Emmy Awards while she has also been nominated for at least 3 Academy Awards and 5 Tony Awards.
Laura Leggett Linney
New York, United States
Laura has studied at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield.
After graduating, she went to Northwestern University from where she moved to Brown University for a Bachelor’s degree in acting.
She then attended Juilliard School, where she was honored with the degree of Doctor of Fine Arts in 2009.
Actor, Producer, Voice Actor, Singer, Stage Artist
- Father – Romulus Zachariah Linney IV (Playwright and Professor)
- Mother – Miriam Anderson “Ann” Perse (née Leggett) (Nurse at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Others – Susan (Half-Sister), Romulus Zachariah Linney III (Paternal Grandfather), Maitland LeGrande Thompson (Paternal Grandmother), Romulus Zachariah Linney (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Republican U.S. Congressman), Milton Mitchell Leggett, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Miriam Mae Anderson (Maternal Grandmother)
Linney has been signed to –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Lighthouse Management and Media, Inc., Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
125 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Linney has dated –
- David Adkins (1995–2000) – In 1995, Laura got married to actor David Adkins. Their marriage lasted for 5 years before they got divorced in 2000.
- Eric Stoltz (1999-2000) – Laura started dating American actor Eric Stoltz in 1999. They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up in 2000.
- Marc Schauer (2007-Present) – On May 2, 2009, Linney got married to the American estate agent Marc Schauer. Laura and Marc have one son, Bennett, born on January 8, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Laura has English, Scottish, German, and Irish ancestry.
- Blonde hair
- Blue eyes
35-26-34 in or 89-66-86 cm
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her acts in the movies Mystic River (2003), Kinsey (2004), Truman Show (1998), and others.
Linney first appeared in the movie Lorenzo’s Oil in 1992, in which she played the role of a young teacher.
As a voice actor, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of North Pole Computer in the 2011 3D computer-animated fantasy film Arthur Christmas.
First TV Show
In 1993, she played the character of Mary Ann Singleton in the TV miniseries Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City.
Laura did not exercise before, but after her motherhood, she started exercising for a fit body.
“I work out with a trainer twice a week and go once or twice on my own. She has me doing balance exercises and weight-bearing stuff. It’s strengthening large muscle groups, making sure I balance myself correctly.”
– she said.
Laura Linney Favorite Things
- Movie – Truly, Madly, Deeply
- Candy – Lion Bar
- Actor – Hugh Grant
Source – Close-upFilm.com
Laura Linney Facts
- She named her Labrador after the Italian actress Eleonora Duse.
- Linney grew up in a small apartment with her mother.
- For her role in the movie Kinsey (2004), Laura gained 20 pounds.
- For her acts as Thea Elvsted in the theater drama Hedda Gabler, Linney was honored with the award Joe A. Callaway for Best Performance in a Classic Drama.
- She attended the wedding of Benjamin Walker and Mamie Gummer on July 16, 2011.
- For her role as Cathy Jamison in the series The Big C, Laura received the Golden Globe and the Emmy Award.
- In July 2022, Laura was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.