|Danny Denzongpa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1948|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Danny Denzongpa is an Indian actor, singer, film director, writer, and producer whose career has spanned over 4 decades. His film credits include Mere Apne, Chor Machaye Shor, Khote Sikkay, Dharmatma, Ponga Pandit, Laila Majnu, Dharm Aur Qanoon, Meraa Dost Meraa Dushman, Pyar Jhukta Nahin, Aandhi Toofan, Deewana Tere Naam Ka, Hum, Commando, Jeete Hain Shaan Se, Pyar Ke Naam Qurbaan, Sanam Bewafa, 1942: A Love Story, Ghatak: Lethal, Krantiveer, Seven Years in Tibet, Himalay Putra, Khuda Gawah, Silsila Hai Pyar Ka, Vijaypath, Lajja, Aśoka, Barsaat, Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo, Karzzzz, Baby, Naam Shabana, and Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. Danny Denzongpa was honored with the Padma Shri (4th highest civilian honor from the Government of India) in 2003.
Tshering Phintso Denzongpa
Yuksom, Kingdom of Sikkim (later Sikkim, India)
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Danny Denzongpa studied at Birla Vidya Mandir, a residential public school for boys in Nainital, Uttarakhand. Afterward, he attended St Joseph’s College in Darjeeling.
He later trained at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), a film institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India located in Pune.
Actor, Singer, Film Director, Writer, Producer
- Siblings – P.D. Denzongpa (Older Brother). Danny has 6 more older brothers and 4 older sisters.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $30 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny Denzongpa has dated –
- Parveen Babi – It is RUMORed that he previously had an affair with actor and model Parveen Babi.
- Kimi Katkar – Danny Denzongpa was once linked with former actor and model Kimi Katkar.
- Preeti Sapru – Actor Preeti Sapru and Danny reportedly had an affair in the past.
- Gawa Denzongpa – Danny Denzongpa is married to Gawa Denzongpa and the duo has been blessed with a son named Rinzing Denzongpa and a daughter named Pema Denzongpa.
Race / Ethnicity
- Frequently plays tough characters
- Often gets cast as the villain
He was raised in a Buddhist household.
Danny Denzongpa Facts
- He was born to Nepali-speaking parents.
- Growing up, Danny Denzongpa was inclined towards horses and horse riding.
- At one time in his life, he wanted to join the Indian Army and won the Best Cadet award from West Bengal as well as participated in the Republic Day parade. He has also revealed in an interview with The Times of India newspaper that he had qualified for the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. However, he eventually decided to join the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune.
- He has been a classmate of Jaya Bachchan and it was Jaya Bachchan who suggested he change his name from Tshering Phintso Denzongpa to a simpler “Danny”.
- In 1992, Danny Denzongpa brought to life the character of Khudabaksh in the epic drama film Khuda Gawah and this role won him the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- Alongside Brad Pitt, David Thewlis, BD Wong, and others, Danny co-starred as Regent in the 1997 American biographical war drama film Seven Years in Tibet.
- He was cast as Ghulam Ghaus Khan in the 2019 Hindi-language historical drama film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, based on the true story of Rani Lakshmi Bai of Jhansi.
- Danny Denzongpa enjoys painting, writing, and sculpting.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0