|Parveen Babi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1949|
Parveen Babi was an Indian model, actress, and interior designer who became immortalized as one of the most glamorous actresses of her generation with the success of films like Majboor (1974), Deewaar (1975), Namak Halaal (1982), Suhaag (1979), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Shaan (1980), etc.
Parveen Wali Mohammad Khan Babi
She was born on April 4, 1949.
She died alone at her Mumbai residence on January 20, 2005, at the age of 55. Her cause of death was multiple organ failure and diabetes exacerbated by starvation.
Junagadh, Saurashtra (now a part of Gujarat), India
Parveen was a student at Mount Carmel High School in Ahmedabad.
She earned her Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad.
Actress, Model, Interior Designer
- Father – Vali Mohammed Khan Babi (Died in 1959)
- Mother – Jamal Bakhte Babi (Died in 2001)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Parveen had dated –
- Siddharth Bhattacharjee
- Danny Denzongpa
- Kabir Bedi
- Mahesh Bhatt (1977-1980)
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Abdul Ella (1983)
Race / Ethnicity
- Big, expressive eyes
- Anglicized accent
Parveen Babi Facts
- She became the first-ever Indian celebrity to grace the cover of Time Magazine (Asia Edition) in 1976.
- Parveen was one of the highest-paid actresses in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Sadly, her stellar film career came to an end after she was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in the 1980s. Her behavior became extremely distrustful and erratic, and she even claimed that prominent figures like Amitabh Bachchan, Bill Clinton, Prince Charles, Robert Redford, etc. were after her life.
- Mahesh Bhatt’s cult classic film Arth (1982) was loosely inspired by his extra-marital affair with Parveen Babi.
- She grew especially hostile towards Amitabh Bachchan and famously called him a ‘super international gangster’ in 1989. Nevertheless, the veteran actor fondly reminisced his former co-star following her death in 2005.
Featured Image by Oldbollywood / Instagram