|Marc Jacobs Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|April 9, 1963
Marc Jacobs is an accomplished fashion designer from the United States who has his presence in more than 80 countries. Marc has also served as the Creative Director for another fashion label from France, Louis Vuitton from 1997 to 2014.
Marc is gay and due to that, he was included in the Out magazine’s list “50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America” in 2012 at #14. He is not afraid to experiment with new styles and says that fashion is for everyone and fashion is identity.
New York City, New York, United States
He travels between New York City and Paris.
Marc Jacobs studied in High School of Art and Design, after which he joined the Parsons School of Design in New York and managed to achieve the Perry Ellis Gold Thimble Award, Chester Weinberg Gold Thimble Award, and Design Student of the Year Award for his creative creations.
Fashion designer and entrepreneur
Marc Jacobs is managed by a talented team of experts who works for him.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marc Jacobs has dated –
- Jason Preston (2006-2008) – Marc and Jason had an on and off relationship during their time together. Jason worked as an escort. Jason had inked Marc’s name on his right hand. They even got engaged briefly before splitting up for good. Jason recalls the relationship as “an exciting time in my life, much different than your average person’s life”.
- Lorenzo Martone (2007-2010) – Lorenzo and Marc Jacobs dated for a while. Lorenzo hails from São Paulo, Brazil and is an entrepreneur in the fashion industry. The couple had a steady relationship while they were together. They were also engaged. The duo was even rumored to have gotten married, but Marc strongly denied it saying that he had never married anyone. They were often been photographed by the paparazzi while on exotic vacations. The pair was renamed MarLo by tabloid writers. Even after their break up in early 2010, they managed to remain friends.
- Austin Armacost (2008-2009) – Marc and Austin had a brief affair for a few months. Austin is a British-American reality television personality who appeared in the 2015 series of Celebrity Big Brother. Once Austin got drunk and broke their house rules and invited some friends over to Marc’s house (where Austin was living), it eventually led to their split.
- Harry Louis (2011-2013) – Marc dated adult film actor from Brazil, Harry for a while. Harry also runs a chocolate-making business in London. The couple was in a long distance relationship. They tried to balance their individual careers and relationship, by taking romantic breaks together. But eventually, the distance issue caught up with them and they parted ways amicably around October 2013. Harry confirmed their split on Instagram.
- Charly Defrancesco (2015-Present) – Marc and Char have been together for a while. They started dating in 2015. Char is into candle making business who is an Italian raised in Los Angeles. They travel together for Marc’s project. The couple resides in West Village townhouse in New York City. On April 4, 2018, Marc proposed to his boyfriend Charly in a Chipotle restaurant. The proposal happened through a flash mob who executed the song “Kiss” by Prince. After a year of the proposal, on April 7, 2019, the couple got married.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- He has several tattoos on his hands, chest, and back.
- He keeps a trendy haircut and light beard.
- Has a serious look on his face.
Marc Jacobs is a successful brand on its own.
Best Known For
- His fashion label, Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs. His designs are described as “streetwise aesthetics – a mashup of a little preppie, a little grunge, a little couture”. He has over 200 retail stores in 80 countries.
- Having served as the creative director of the French design house Louis Vuitton from 1997 to 2014. He designed the fashion house’s first clothing line in March 1998.
- His another project entitled, “Protect The Skin You’re In”, which began in 2006 to raise money for the New York University Skin Cancer Institute. The project also aimed to raise awareness about skin cancer. Many celebrities including Cara Delevingne took part by posing n*de.
In 2012, Marc made a cameo appearance as Harvey in the drama thriller Disconnect, a film produced by LD Entertainment.
Many of Marc’s designs have been used in films such as The Darjeeling Limited and The Capsule among others.
First TV Show
In 1998, he made his first TV show appearance in 48 Hours, a documentary news TV show produced by CBS News.
The earlier Marc Jacobs looked very different from the present image. He was lot chubbier before. He decided to take control of his health after he encountered weakness and stomach problem.
Marc was working way too hard. He saw a nutritionist who recommended joining the gym and changing his diet. Marc followed a two-hour long exercise regimen, 7 days a week. His diet was totally organic with no flour, no sugar, no dairy and no caffeine.
Marc Jacobs also follows a strict habit of eating 50 grams of oatmeal for breakfast; two chicken breasts for lunch; and juice made of wheatgrass.
Marc Jacobs Favorite Things
- Color – Red
- Novel – The Great Gatsby
- Broadway Actor – Bob Fosse
- Candle Brand – Prolétariat and Carmélite from Cire Trudon
- Wallet – Louis Vuitton Wallet by Yayoi Kusama
Marc Jacobs Facts
- He lost his father when he was just 7 years old.
- In 1991, he won an award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- He was listed as one of the influential people in the world in Time magazine’s “2010 Time 100” list.
- He was ranked #14 on Out magazine’s 2012 list of “50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America”.
- He loves getting attention, unlike many other top designers.
- He loves his tattoos; especially the SpongeBob.
- Marc has a consistent morning ritual. He wakes up at 7 a.m.; then shower, shave, eat breakfast, and have a double espresso, a cigarette, vitamins, and supplements. He wears a kilt with a black or white shirt every day.
- He encourages men to experiment with makeup.
- In 2017, he released an online masterclass entitled Marc Jacobs teaches fashion design.
- His best-selling perfume, Daisy, is named after his dog, who is named after Daisy Buchannan from The Great Gatsby.
- He worked as a stock boy at Charivari, a New York boutique, at 13.
- His kind of Little Black dress is the one with little black patchwork in the form of an evening dress which would look like shattered jet glass.
- He loves musicals.
- In July 2021, he underwent facelift surgery.
Featured Image by Marc Jacobs / Instagram