|Tay-K Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tay-K is an American rapper and songwriter, best known for his single The Race, released in 2017, which debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at the 70th spot, peaked at number 44, and then went certified ‘Platinum’ by the RIAA on January 19, 2018. Because he was incarcerated at the time on murder charges, his official SoundCloud account released a new song, After You, on January 20, 2018, which didn’t chart. He started his career as part of a rap group Daytona Boyz with 2 other artists – Santana Sage, and PimpyZ. In 2015, Tay-K released his 1st solo song titled BIFF XANNEN on his SoundCloud, but it went unnoticed except locally, in Arlington, Texas.
The 2nd solo song was titled Sly Cooper, closely followed by Megaman, another song released on his SoundCloud on March 16, 2016, accompanied by several others. None of his songs picked up attention until his manhunt and eventual arrest for murder charges, which started a global hashtag campaign #FREETAYK in 2017. As a result of the campaign, while still in jail, Tay-K signed a record deal with Classic 88 recording label, an imprint under RCA, and the division of Sony Music. Tay-K released his debut mixtape titled Santana World on July 29, 2017, and then re-released it on December 14, 2017, to include a new version of the single The Race, featuring Young Nudy and 21 Savage on vocals.
Taymor Travon McIntyre
Tay-K, Tay-K 47
Long Beach, California, United States
Tay-K attended James Martin High School in Arlington, Texas, United States.
- Father – Kevin Beverly
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Tay-K is represented by Stomp Down Entertainment (Manager) in Arlington, Texas, United States.
Hip hop, Trap, Rap, Gangsta Rap
- 88 Classic
- Radio Corporation of America (RCA)
- Sony Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Short Afro hair or dreads
- Slim physique
- Fuller Lips
- Protruding ears
Best Known For
- His single The Race, which reached certified ‘Platinum’ status on January 19, 2018
- His debut mixtape Santana World released on July 29, 2017, and re-released on December 14, 2017
- Being a featured artist on the song titled Hard with rapper BlocBoy JB, which was the 1st single under newly-formed No Jumper label, and released in March 2018
As a Singer
Tay-K released his debut mixtape, titled Santana World, 1st on July 29, 2017, after which it was re-released on December 14, 2017, to include an additional version of the single The Race, with vocals from rappers 21 Savage and Young Nudy. Other songs were Murder She Wrote, Gotta Blast, Lemonade, Saran Pack, Dat Way, and I <3 My Choppa, featuring rapper Maxo Kream.
- His father was a member of the Baby Insane Crip Gang, a street gang based in Long Beach, California, United States. He was in prison for the large part of Tay’s childhood and moved the whole family to Arlington, Texas after he came out.
- WorldStarHipHop, a well known hip hop video blog, released his song Coolio in September 2017. However, Tay’s manager quickly posted an update on Tay’s official Twitter account and said that it was a leaked version and that the real thing would come later.
- Tay-K was featured on the XXL “Freshman” list in 2018.
- His hit song, The Race, was remixed by well-known rappers such as Fetty Wap, Lil Yachty, Tyga, and others.
- Tay-K reportedly earned between $600,000 to $700,000 as part of his contract with recording label Classic 88.
- His manager, Ezra Averill, 1st became a manager of Daytona Boyz when he was 14 years old, as he went to the same high school with Tay-K and Santana Sage. As of April 2019, Ezra was the youngest person in the A&R (Artists and Repertoire) branch to apply and receive a certified ‘Platinum’ status for his client’s song.
- He witnessed the murder of Sara Mutschlechner by his fellow Daytona Boyz member, Santana Sage or Erick Johnson. Erick chased Sara in the SUV that Tay-K was also in, while she was trying to escape in her Sedan, and ultimately caught up to her and shot her dead. He confessed and received a punishment of 44 years without parole, while Tay was freed of charges.
- Tay-K’s next problem with the law came in 2016 when he was charged for the murder of Ethan Walker. He, along with Megan Holt and Ariana Bharrat, wanted to rob Ethan and snuck in his house, but while they were escaping, Ethan put up a fight and was shot dead.
- As a result of the murder charges for Ethan Walker, he was put on house arrest, but being the rebel he was, cut off his ankle bracelet, and went on a run from the law. While he was hiding in New Jersey, he wrote, recorded, and shot the music video for The Race in 2017. Later that year, U.S. Marshal Service captured him in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
- While on the run, he also attacked a 65-year old and knocked him unconscious. The victim later recognized him in a photo lineup, which only made charges against Tay-K worse.
- While in jail, another charge was added to his case – a murder of Mark Anthony Saldivar in 2017, that also happened while Tay-K was on the run from the police. Tay was once again in a black SUV with multiple people inside and would be treated as an accomplice. However, his bond was later reduced from $500,000 to $0 because a female accomplice confessed to capital murder.
- In 2018, still during his incarceration, Tay-K became a featured artist on a song Hard, alongside rapper BlocBoy JB. It peaked at the 14th spot of the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart.
- As of early April 2019, Tay-K has amassed 1.4 million followers on Instagram, and 115,000 on his Twitter account.
- In June 2018, he and his record label, 88 Classic, received a lawsuit from the families of the victims of his crimes, seeking $1 million and more in damages.
- Tay-K tried to start his own prison gang under the name Rug-Rats in 2019, which was the name of one of the songs he released on SoundCloud in the past. It was supposed to consist of ranks such as sergeants, troops, lieutenants, and generals, but the prison guards quickly discovered his plans.
- As of April 1, 2019, Tay-K was still in a prison in Fort Worth, Texas, and was awaiting trial, but his lawyers and Ezra, his manager, claimed they were very confident he would be cleared of all charges.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Tay-K / Instagram