|Bernard Arnault Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1949|
Bernard Arnault is a French investor, businessman, and art collector who is best known as the chairman and chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, the world’s largest luxury goods manufacturing company. He is often counted among the wealthiest people in the world and has held the title of the richest person in the world on several different occasions – December 2019, January 2020, and May 2021.
Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault
The Terminator, The Wolf in Cashmere
Roubaix, Nord, Hauts-de-France, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Bernard had attended the Lycée Maxence Van Der Meersch, a high school in his hometown of Roubaix, and the Lycée Faidherbe, a senior high school/sixth-form college in Lille, France.
In 1969, he had joined the École Polytechnique, one of the most prestigious and selective elite higher education institutions in France, located in Palaiseau, a suburb of Paris. He had graduated from there in 1971.
Investor, Businessman, Art Collector
- Father – Jean Léon Arnault
- Mother – Marie-Josèphe Savinel
- Siblings – Dominique Watine Arnault (d. March 1, 2006)
- Others – Natalia Mikhailovna Vodianova (Daughter-in-Law) (Model, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, Public Speaker, United Nations Goodwill Ambassador), Xavier Niel (Son-in-Law) (Businessman, Founder and Majority Shareholder of the French Internet Service Provider and Mobile Operator Iliad), Alessandro Vallarino Gancia (Ex-Son-in-Law) (Owner of the Wine Manufacturing Company Gancia), François Mercier (Father-in-Law), Lucile Mercier (née Rouleau) (Mother-in-Law), Étienne Savinel (Maternal Grandfather) (Owner of a civil engineering company named Ferret-Savinel), Stephanie Watine Arnault (Niece) (Businesswoman)
In May 2021, Bernard Arnault’s net worth was $188 billion according to Forbes.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bernard has dated –
- Anne Dewavrin (1973–1990) – Bernard had married Anne Dewavrin in 1973. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Delphine Arnault (b. April 4, 1975) (Businesswoman, Director and Executive Vice President of the fashion house and luxury goods company Louis Vuitton) and a son named Antoine Arnault (b. June 4, 1977) (Businessman, CEO of the leather-based menswear manufacturer Berluti, Chairman of the high-end fabrics and clothing company Loro Piana). The couple had parted ways in 1990. Through Delphine, he has a granddaughter named Elisa Niel (b. August 17, 2012). Through Antoine, he has 2 grandsons named Maxim Arnault (b. May 2, 2014) and Roman Arnault (b. June 4, 2016).
- Hélène Mercier (1990-Present) – Bernard had married Canadian concert pianist Hélène Mercier on September 23, 1991. They had first met through mutual friends in October 1990 and had started dating soon after. They have 3 sons together named Alexandre Arnault (b. May 5, 1992) (Businessman, President of the luggage manufacturer Rimowa), Frédéric Arnault (b. 1995) (CEO of the luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer), and Jean Arnault (b. 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French descent.
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
Bernard Arnault Facts
- In 2007, Bernard had jointly acquired 10.69% of France’s largest supermarket retailer and the world’s second-largest food distributor Carrefour.
- A year later, he had acquired the British luxury motor yacht manufacturer Princess Yachts.
- Between 2010 and 2013, he was a member of the board of advisors of the 1Malaysia Development Berhad, a Malaysian strategic development company wholly owned by the country’s Minister of Finance.
- The French government had honored him with the Commandeur de la Légion d’Honneur and the Grand Officier de la Légion d’Honneur awards in 2007 and 2011 respectively.
Featured Image by Bernard Arnault / Instagram