|Natalia Vodianova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1982|
Natalia Vodianova is a Russian model who has done modeling work for a variety of brands and designers such as Prada, Calvin Klein, Guerlain, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, Nina Ricci, Versace, Chanel, Gucci, L’Oréal, H&M, Stella McCartney, David Yurman, Marc Jacobs, Diane von Fürstenberg, Stuart Weitzman, Etam, Hugo Boss, Miss Sixty, Mariano Vivanco, Sølve Sundsbø, Steven Klein, Karl Lagerfeld, and many more. She has been featured on the cover of several popular magazines such as Vanity Fair, Vogue, i-D, W, Numéro, Marie Claire, Pop, Love, Cosmopolitan, GQ, Elle, Allure, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, L’Officiel, Tatler, Hello!, Interview, and Porter. Natalia is also known for being the goodwill ambassador of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
Natalia Mikhailovna Vodianova (In native Russian – Наталья Михайловна Водянова )
Gorky, Gorkovskaya oblast, RSFSR, USSR (now Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya oblast, Russia)
Fashion / Runway Model, Actress, Philanthropist
- Mother – Larisa Vodianova
- Siblings – Kristina (Half-Sister), Oksana (Half-Sister)
The talent agencies who manage Natalia are –
- Viva Models – Paris
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- MY Model Management
- DNA Model Management (Mother Agency)
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Justin Portman (2001-2011) – Supermodel Natalia met British property heir, former artist and chess organizer, Justin Portman at a Paris dinner in 2001. When she was 8 months pregnant in November 2001, they married by registering in UK. In September 2002, they had a wedding ceremony in St. Petersburg, Russia. The couple was blessed with 3 children – sons Lucas Alexander (b. 22 December 2001) and Viktor (b. 13 September 2007), and daughter Neva (b. 24 March 2006). But, they separated in June 2011.
- Antoine Arnault (2011-Present) – After her break-up with Portman, she started dating Antoine, the son of LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault and the CEO of luxury brand Berluti in July 2011. They were living in Paris with Natalia’s 3 children. The couple got engaged in December 2019 and tied the knot on June 21, 2020, at a Paris registry office. They have 2 sons together – Maxim (b. 2014) and Roman (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Supermodel Natalia Vodianova’s most celebrated physical assets are eyebrows.
34-24-34 in or 86.5-61-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Vodianova has been endorsed by many brands like Anna Molinari, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Choice by Calvin Klein Underwear, Calvin Klein ‘Euphoria’ fragrance, Compagnia Italiana, David Yurman, Diane Von Furstenberg, Etam, Etam lingerie, Forum, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Gucci, Guerlain, Hugo Boss Black, Jacob & Co., Jacques Dessange, Jigsaw, La Sposa, L’Oreal, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miss Sixty, Moschino, Nina Ricci, Nina Ricci accessories, Pepe Jeans, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Portrait, Rimmel, Roccobarocco, Stella McCartney, Stuart Weitzman, Swish jeans, Versace, Versus, YSL, Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Runway, Editorial, and Advertising Campaign Model
2001 film, written and directed by Roman Coppola, CQ. Vodianova appeared briefly in this movie with Billy Zane.
In 2010, she appeared in the remake of Clash of the Titans, portraying the role as Medusa.
Again, in October 2010, she got a leading role in the film adaptation of Albert Cohen’s 1968 novel Belle du Seigneur.
First TV Show
Her debut television appearance was Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2001 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Dice Kayek.
She says that she does not train but runs a marathon once a year. So there is not much in her exercise or workout routine. And regarding her diet, she responds –
“I respect my body. My body is my temple. If I eat like a pig, I feel like a pig.”
Also, this Russian model had some minor problems like ulcers in the stomach in the past. But now, she has started looking into her dietary habits and has switched to Blood Type Diet created by Dr. Peter D’Adamo. According to this, she is required to eat based on her blood group. You can read more about this diet here.
Natalia Vodianova Facts
- She belongs to a poor family.
- Natalia’s father left them when she was a toddler.
- As a teenager (when she was 11), she had sold fruits with her mother on the streets to make ends meet.
- She had grown up with her 2 half-sisters, one of whom has cerebral palsy.
- When she was 15, she enrolled herself in a modeling academy.
- At 17, she moved to France in Paris and signed with Viva Models.
- Until the end of 2012, she had already walked in 175 runway shows for U.S. and European-based designers.
- She lived in England from 2001 to 2012.
- In 2012, she took the 3rd position on Forbes Top-Earning Models list with estimated earnings of $8.6 million in the previous year.
- In 2010, she was named in Tatler’s Top 10 Best Dressed list.
- She had appeared in the 2003, 2005, and 2006 Pirelli calendars.
- She is the founder and President of Naked Heart Foundation.
- On December 12, 2009, she was made the ambassador of Russia’s first Winter Games.
- She has also co-hosted the semi-finals of the Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in May 2009.
- In November 2010, she was honored with the “Inspiration of the Year” award by Harper’s Bazaar.
- For her philanthropic efforts, Natalia was given the “Inspiration Award” at the 4th annual DVF Awards in April 2013.
- In November 2014, she was one of the honored women at the “2014 Glamour Woman of the Year” event.
- In the past, she was appointed as a member of the international board of directors for the Special Olympics.
- Natalia was appointed as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in February 2021.
- Her favorite body part is her ears.