|Joel Osteen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1963|
Joel Osteen is an American pastor, televangelist, and author who is best known as the co-pastor of Lakewood Church that was founded by his father in 1959 in Houston, Texas. As of 2018, his televised sermons had been watched by more than 10 million viewers in the US alone and were being broadcast in more than 100 countries on a weekly basis. He has also authored numerous best-selling books.
Joel Scott Osteen
The Smiling Preacher
Houston, Texas, United States
River Oaks, Houston, Texas, United States
Joel had attended the Humble High School, a secondary school in Humble, Texas. After his high school graduation in 1981, he had joined the Oral Roberts University, a private evangelical university in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He had studied radio and TV communications there but did not graduate.
Pastor, Televangelist, Author
- Father – John Hillery Osteen (Pastor, TV Personality, Founding Pastor of Lakewood Church) (d. January 23, 1999)
- Mother – Dolores ‘Dodie’ Osteen (née Pilgrim)
- Siblings – Lisa Osteen (Older Sister), Paul Osteen (Older Brother) (Vascular Surgeon, Medical Missionary), April Osteen Simons (Younger Sister), Tamara Osteen (Older Sister)
- Others – Jennifer Osteen (Sister-in-Law), Donald Iloff (Father-in-Law) (Mathematician), Georgine Iloff (Mother-in-Law), Donald Iloff Jr. (Brother-in-Law), Willis Jackson Osteen, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Ellen Mae Brawner (Paternal Grandmother), Justin Osteen (Half-Brother)
Joel Osteen’s net worth had been $100 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel has dated –
- Victoria Osteen (1985-Present) – Joel had married author, pastor, and TV personality Victoria Osteen (née Iloff) on April 4, 1987. The pair had first met each other in 1985 when Joel had come in to buy a new watch battery at a jewelry store owned by her mother while she was working there. They have 2 children together – a son named Jonathan Osteen and a daughter named Alexandra Osteen (b. 1999). Victoria would later go on to become the co-pastor of Lakewood Church, with Joel.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and distant Dutch descent.
- Lanky frame
- Overgrown, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Non-Denominational Christianity, Charismatic Christianity, Word of Faith
Joel Osteen Facts
- Joel, after dropping out of Oral Roberts University, had returned to his hometown of Houston in 1982 and had started a TV program through which he could televise his father’s sermons.
- His father often used to encourage him to preach as well but he would always decline. He had preferred to work behind the scenes and had continued to produce his father’s TV program until January 17, 1999, when he had finally accepted his father’s suggestion and preached his first sermon. His father passed away 6 days later of a heart attack.
- 2 weeks after his father’s death, he had started preaching regularly and was installed as the new senior pastor of Lakewood Church on October 3, 1999. Over the next 15 years, the church’s attendance had swelled from 5,000 to 43,000.
- In 2003, the church had acquired the Compaq Center, the former home of the professional basketball team Houston Rockets and the professional ice hockey team Houston Aeros. Joel had renovated the arena at a cost of USD 105 million in more than 15 months.
Featured Image by Joel Osteen / Instagram