|Rob Font Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rob Font is an American professional mixed martial artist who has competed in the Bantamweight division in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He was ranked at #7 in the UFC bantamweight rankings as of May 9, 2023.
Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
Rob Font has received MMA training.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – He has worked in the army.
- Mother – She has worked in the army.
- Siblings – He has an older sister and a younger brother.
- Lightweight (2011–2012)
- Featherweight (2012–2014)
71.5 in (181.5 cm)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Font has dated –
- Kathryn Frias – He is married to Kathryn Frias and the duo has been blessed with a daughter named Emerald who was born in 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Rob Font is of Puerto Rican descent.
Sports a beard
Rob Font Facts
- When he was around 21 years old, he was working delivering pizzas and that was when he happened to make a delivery to fighters training in a garage. It was their garage practice that inspired his interest and he was soon enrolled for a free week of mixed martial arts training at a local gym.
- In 2009, Rob Font started training as an amateur and went on to compile a record of 3–1 before making his professional debut in December 2011.
- As a professional, he compiled a record of 10–1 and competed for many regional promotions across his native New England. Later on, he was signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in the spring of 2014.
- With the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Rob Font made his promotional debut at UFC 175 against George Roop on July 5, 2014. He went on to win the fight via knockout in the first round and also earned a Performance of the Night bonus.
- On September 5, 2014, he was expected to face Chris Beal at UFC Fight Night 50 but he pulled out of the bout, citing an injury.
- At UFC Fight Night 54, Rob Font was expected to face Mitch Gagnon on October 4, 2014. However, Font pulled out of the fight the week of the event and was subsequently replaced by Roman Salazar.
- On May 14, 2016, he faced Brazilian mixed martial artist John Lineker at UFC 198 and lost the fight via unanimous decision.
- At UFC 213 on July 8, 2017, he faced Brazilian mixed martial artist Douglas Silva de Andrade and won the fight by submission in the second round. He also earned the Performance of the Night award.
- On October 28, 2017, Rob Font faced Brazilian professional mixed martial artist Pedro Munhoz at UFC Fight Night 119 and lost the fight via submission in round one.
- Rob Font went on to face Brazilian professional mixed martial artist Thomas Almeida at UFC 220 on January 20, 2018, and won the fight via TKO in the second round.
- On June 22, 2019, he was expected to face Cody Stamann at UFC Fight Night 154 but it was reported on June 5, 2019, that Stamann had pulled out of the event due to an injury. Subsequently, Stamann was replaced by John Lineker who was then pulled from the bout for an undisclosed reason. In turn, Rob Font would be removed from the card.
- At UFC Fight Night 183, he faced Marlon Moraes on December 19, 2020, and won the fight via technical knockout in round one. This earned him a Performance of the Night award.
- On December 4, 2021, Rob Font faced former WEC and UFC featherweight champion José Aldo in the headliner of UFC on ESPN 31. Font lost the fight via unanimous decision.
- On April 8, 2023, he faced Adrian Yanez at UFC 287 and won the bout via TKO in the first round. With this, he also earned the Performance of the Night award.
Featured Image by Matchmakermike / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0