|Roger Moore Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1927|
|Date of Death||May 23, 2017|
Roger Moore was an English actor, voiceover artist, and producer who is best known for playing fictional secret agent James Bond in 7 feature films between 1973 and 1985. He was also cast in several other films including The Naked Face, Curse of the Pink Panther, The Man Who Haunted Himself, Vendetta for the Saint, and Sherlock Holmes in New York. Moreover, Roger Moore was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2003 for services to charity and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007. Also, he was made a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters by the government of France in 2008.
Roger George Moore
He was born on October 14, 1927.
On May 23, 2017, Roger Moore passed away at the age of 89 from liver cancer in Crans-Montana, Valais, Switzerland.
Stockwell, London, England, United Kingdom
He resided in London, England, United Kingdom.
Roger Moore studied at Battersea Grammar School, Launceston College, and Dr Challoner’s Grammar School. Later, he also attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – George Alfred Moore (1904-1997) (Policeman (PC168E based in Bow Street, London))
- Mother – Lillian “Lily” (Pope) (1904-1986)
- Siblings – He was an only child.
- Others – George Percy Moore (Paternal Grandfather), Jane Selby Cane (Paternal Grandmother), William George Pope (Maternal Grandfather), Hannah Hall (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $110 Million.
6 ft 1¾ in or 187.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Roger Moore had dated –
- Madeline Smith – RUMOR
- Doorn van Steyn (1946-1953) – He married actress and ice skater Doorn Van Steyn, a fellow RADA student, in 1946 and they lived in Streatham with her family. She was 6 years his senior and eventually, their marriage became troublesome due to money matters and her lack of confidence in his acting ability. Moreover, Roger Moore allegedly suffered domestic abuse and they divorced in 1953.
- Dorothy Squires (1952-1968) – He met Welsh singer Dorothy Squires in 1952 at one of her parties at her mansion in Old Bexley, Kent. They shared an age gap of 12 years, Dorothy Squires being the older one. The duo got married on July 6, 1953, and lived in Bexley, Kent after their wedding. She suffered a series of miscarriages during their marriage and they divorced in 1969.
- Dorothy Provine (1960) – Moore had a fling with American singer, actress, and dancer Dorothy Provine in 1960. They also worked together on projects like The Alaskans and The Roaring 20’s.
- Wenche Myhre (1963) – He hooked up with Norwegian singer and actress Wenche Myhre in 1963.
- Luisa Mattioli (1969-1996) – Roger Moore married Italian actress Luisa Mattioli in April 1969 at the Caxton Hall in Westminster, London. They met in 1961 in Italy and had 3 children – actress-daughter Deborah Moore (b. October 27, 1963) and two sons named Geoffrey Moore (b. July 28, 1966) and Christian Moore (b. August 23, 1973). They eventually got divorced.
- Kristina “Kiki” Tholstrup (2002-2017) – He got married to Swedish-born Danish socialite Kristina “Kiki” Tholstrup in 2002 and they remained together until his death in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English descent.
- Deep smooth voice
- Tinted gold-rimmed spectacles (worn in later years)
He had done endorsement work for Toyota Corona, Tesco, etc.
Roger Moore Favorite Things
- Bond Movie – The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Gadget – The magnetic watch from Live and Let Die (1973)
- Villain – Christopher Lee‘s Francisco Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
- Girl – Barbara Bach’s Anya Amasova from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Henchman – Richard Kiel’s Jaws from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and Moonraker (1979)
- Film Of His Own – The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970)
Source – IMDb
Roger Moore Facts
- His mother was born in India.
- He was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 1991, succeeding Audrey Hepburn.
- His least favorite Bond movie was A View to a Kill (1985) and the least favorite of his own films was The Quest (1996).
- He was friends with Lois Maxwell, Bryan Forbes, Nanette Newman, Peter Ustinov, David Niven, Tommy Cooper, Dudley Moore, Albert R. Broccoli, and Elton John.
Featured Image by Allan Warren / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0