|Elton John Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1947|
Elton John is an English singer, songwriter, pianist, and composer who is regarded as one of the most significant icons of the industry as well as a highly influential musician of the rock and roll era. Several Grammy-winning musician, he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994. In addition to his other ventures, he has also been long-involved in the fight against AIDS and has helped raise money for the cause on a number of occasions. For his contributions to music and his humanitarian services, he has been bestowed with several honors including the Legion d’honneur, France’s highest civilian award, and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II on February 24, 1998.
Reginald Kenneth Dwight
Sharon, The Rocket Man, The Pinball Wizard
Elton Hercules John
Pinner, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Elton John went to Pinner Wood Junior School, Reddiford School, and Pinner County Grammar School in Pinner, London.
However, he left Pinner County Grammar School just before giving his A-Level examinations as he wanted to make his career in the field of music.
Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Composer
- Father – Stanley Dwight (Flight Lieutenant in the Royal Air Force)
- Mother – Sheila Eileen (Harris)
- Others – Simon Dwight (Paternal Younger Half-Brother), Robert Dwight (Paternal Younger Half-Brother), Geoff Dwight (Paternal Younger Half-Brother), Edwin Dwight (Paternal Grandfather), Sheila Ellen/Eileen Shirley (Paternal Grandmother), Frederick George Harris (Maternal Grandfather), Ivy White (Maternal Grandmother)
He is signed to Rocket Music Management.
Rock, pop-rock, glam rock, soft rock, rhythm, blues
Vocals, Keyboards, Piano
Philips Records, Congress Records, DJM, Uni, Paramount, MCA, Geffen, Rocket, Island Records, Universal Records, Interscope Records, Mercury, Universal Music Group, Virgin EMI
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Elton John has dated –
- John Reid – Scottish manager John Reid, who has managed personalities in the music industry, dated Elton for over 5 years in the past. Reid served as Elton’s manager for a huge 28 years. Their relationship ended when Reid leaked about Elton’s spendings.
- Linda Woodrow (1966-1970) – In 1966, Elton started dating his secretary Linda Woodrow. The couple was also engaged later in the year. The relationship however ended in 1970. He also mentioned her in the song “Someone Saved My Life Tonight.”
- Gary Clarke (1982-1984) – From 1982 to 1984, he was romantically linked with actor Gary Clarke.
- Renate Blauel (1983-1988) – In 1983, Elton started dating German recording engineer, Renate Blauel and engaged later in the year. The duo married on Valentine’s Day 1984. After 4 years of a successful relationship, the couple split and filed for divorce, which was finalized on November 18, 1988.
- David Furnish (1993-Present) – In October 1993, Elton John started dating Canadian filmmaker David Furnish, who is 16 years junior to Elton. They first met during a dinner party, where Elton asked for David’s phone number. After more than 10 years of dating together, the couple got engaged in May 2005. They married on December 21, 2014, at their Windsor estate. They have two children – Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John (b. December 25, 2010) and Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John (b. January 11, 2013) via a surrogate mother.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
He has naturally “Yellowish Brown” hair.
But, he prefers to dye them into different shades like “Red.”
Elton John’s real eye color is uncertain. His eye color, when looked upon during different public appearances, sometimes appear to be ‘Blue’, ‘Green’, and even “Dark Brown”.
Previously, in 1976, he stated that he was bisexual but later in 1988, he claimed that he was gay.
- Wears Tinted spectacles
- Rich falsetto voice
- Wild stage costumes
- Gapped front (upper) teeth
- Messy hair
- Often wears an earring on the right ear
8 (US) (via eBay.com listing) or 7 (UK) or 41 (EU)
In 2001, he appeared in a print ad for Got Milk?
Elton has appeared in commercials for Royal Mail (2001), Diet Coke (1992), Pepsi-Cola (2012), Snickers, John Lewis & Partners, and others.
Elton’s song “Rocket Man” was mentioned in the 2012 Volkswagen Passat commercial.
He hates religion.
In 2010, he even termed Jesus Christ as gay.
Best Known For
His albums and singles such as “Candle In The Wind 1997” released in 1997, etc.
As a solo artist, he released his debut album entitled Empty Sky on June 6, 1969, in the UK via DJM Records. It charted at #30 in Canada and at #6 in the U.S.
He debuted with the 1975 musical film Tommy where he played the role of The Pinball Wizard.
First TV Show
As an actor, his first appearance was in the TV mini-series Zomercarroussel in 1970 as a performer.
Elton John Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled raisin bread cheese sandwich
- Singer – Jim Reeves
Elton John Facts
- Elton grew up in his maternal grandparents’ house in Pinner.
- John’s parents married after he turned 6.
- He is the oldest in his home.
- His dad wanted him to become a banker or maybe go into some other profession but singing.
- His dad was part of the military band, Bob Millar Band, where he used to play trumpet for military functions.
- In 2013, Elton got his children’s names embedded (in silver sparkle) on his black polished shoes.
- He has many godchildren including David Beckham‘s sons Brooklyn and Romeo.
- In 2010, Elton called Jesus Christ a “super-intelligent gay man…” for which he received much criticism. Later, in 2014, John said that Jesus Christ would have supported same-sex marriage.
- John was included in the list of “50 Best Dressed British Men” by GQ (Gentlemen’s Quarterly) magazine in 2015.
- He has suffered from an eating disorder called bulimia and drug overdose in the past.
- Elton owns and runs the “Elton John AIDS Foundation.”
- Since 2004, Elton has opened several shops named “Elton’s Closet,” where you can purchase his second-hand clothes.
- He shared a very close bond with the legendary singer and Queen‘s lead vocalist Freddie Mercury.
- At Christie’s, he sold his one and a half dozen (20) cars in June 2001. He was not getting a chance to drive those cars because he used to stay on tours most of the time.
- Singer Elton John collaborated with lyricist Bernie Taupin in 1967. Bernie writes songs for Elton and they together have worked on more than 30 albums.
- On September 8, 2018, he embarked on the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour, intended to be his final tour. The tour earned $212 million in 2019, which made it the 2nd highest-grossing tour in the industry.
- Elton enjoys playing tennis.
- He likes to eat Indian food.
- Elton has epilepsy.
- With $81 million in earnings, Elton was the 14th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In July 2020, Elton was celebrating 30 years of sobriety.
- During the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Awards, he was honored with the “Icon Award”.