|Jack Dorsey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1976|
Jack Dorsey is an American Internet entrepreneur and programmer best known as a co-founder and former CEO of Twitter, Inc. He has also served as a co-founder, principal executive officer, and chairperson of the multinational technology conglomerate Block, Inc.
Jack Patrick Dorsey
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Jack went to Bishop DuBourg High School.
He then got enrolled at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
However, he soon got transferred to New York University Tandon School of Engineering. But, he didn’t complete his studies at New York University as well and dropped out before graduation.
Former CEO of Square, Inc. (later got known as Block), Twitter
- Father – Tim Dorsey (Worked for mass spectrometers developing company)
- Mother – Marcia Smith (Homemaker)
- Others – Edward D. Dorsey (Paternal Grandfather), Celeste Rose Messmer (Paternal Grandmother)
As of March 19, 2023, he had an estimated net worth of $4.8B as per Forbes.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Dorsey has dated –
- Nicole Lapin – He was romantically involved with television news anchor, author, and businesswoman Nicole Lapin in the past.
- Lily Cole (2012-2013) – Jack Dorsey started courting English model and actress Lily Cole at the end of 2012. In January 2013, she was spotted on his yacht, which was anchored at St. Barts in the Caribbean, which led to rumors of their relationship circulating in the tabloids. There seemed to be trouble in the paradise after they were pictured bickering at the airport in San Francisco. In June, it was reported that their relationship had fizzled out as he was spotted with another woman.
- Kate Greer – Jack started going out with Iowa native Kate Greer. Their first public appearance came in 2010 as Kate accompanied him to several red-carpet events in New York. By the end of 2012, they had separated as Jack was spotted cozying up to English model Lily Cole. Kate and Jack’s relationship got back on track in June 2013 as they flew out for a vacation in Japan. Then, she was pictured by his side at numerous events in 2014. Due to his inclination to keep his private life out of the limelight, the current status of this relationship isn’t known.
- Raven Lyn (2018-2019) – He started going out with model Raven Lyn in the year 2018 but the duo parted ways the following year.
- Flora Carter (2021) – In June 2021, Jack was seen with swimsuit model Flora Carter at the beach while taking a sunbath.
Race / Ethnicity
Jack is of Irish, German, and Italian descent.
Jack has endorsed UNREAL, a food company.
Best Known For
Having served as the CEO and co-founder of social networking giant, Twitter
In 2013, he was seen in the short documentary film CodeStars as himself.
First TV Show
In 2011, Jack was first seen in the news talk show Charlie Rose as himself.
After getting up at 5 in the morning, Jack follows up his 30 minutes of meditation session with high-intensity circuit training. The single circuit lasts for about 7 minutes with about 12 exercises crammed in that period with about 10-second rest in between exercises. He performs this circuit 3 times.
This circuit doesn’t include weight lifting exercises and relies only on bodyweight moves such as squats, jumping jacks, pushups, plank, and lunges to improve fitness and stamina and to pump up metabolism.
— jack (@jack) May 10, 2013
Jack Dorsey Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Good Kid, M.A.A.D City (By Kendrick Lamar), To Pimp a Butterfly (By Kendrick Lamar), The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (By Lauryn Hill), Run the Jewels 2 (By Run The Jewels), All Eyez on Me (By Tupac Shakur)
- Books – Tao Te Ching (By Lao Tzu), The Score Takes Care of Itself (By Bill Walsh with Steve Jamison and Craig Walsh), Between the World and Me (By Ta-Nehisi Coates), The Four Agreements (By Don Miguel Ruiz), The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway), The Checklist Manifesto (By Atul Gawande), The Yoga Sutras of Patañjali (By Edwin F. Bryant)
Jack Dorsey Facts
- While growing up, he had a speech impediment problem and due to this, he tended to spend a lot of time at his home.
- As a child, he used to spend a lot of time listening to police scanners. He was fascinated by short bursts of communication and this fascination inspired him to create Twitter.
- In his mid-20s, he managed to become a certified massage therapist for a brief period of time.
- As a teenager and young adult, he ran a fantasy football league in the pre-internet era. He had a database of players on his computer with stats gleaned from local newspapers.
- At the age of 15, he created rental cab dispatch software that is still used by many taxi services.
- He is also the founder of a business platform called Square (later got know as Block), which facilitates debit and credit card payment using your mobile device by attaching a small square-shaped device through a headphone jack.
- In December 2013, he was declared a new addition to the board of directors of the Walt Disney organization.
- He donated $15 million to support relief efforts in India’s COVID-19 second wave in May 2021.
- He has often revealed his aspiration to become New York City mayor.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Jack was leaving Twitter and was stepping down as the CEO of the social networking giant.
- In late February 2023, Jack announced the release of his new app on the Apple App store which was a Twitter alternative called Bluesky. At that time, it was an invite-only beta app. Twitter also provided financial aid in the starting years of Bluesky’s development phase.
- In March 2023, Jack’s publicly traded company Block Inc was targeted by Hindenburg Research, run by Nathan Anderson. It accused the payments company Block of $1 bn fraud. Due to the report, the stock declined nearly 20% immediately and rebounded by a small amount later.
- In June 2023, Jack had endorsed Robert F Kennedy Jr for the post of President in the 2024 US Presidential elections.
- In June 2023, Jack revealed that when he was Twitter CEO, he received many requests from the Indian government to take action against accounts covering farmers’ protests, otherwise, Twitter would be banned in India. The Indian government even threatened to raid the houses of Twitter employees, which they eventually did.
- In August 2023, he deleted his Instagram account after 12 years. At that time, he also didn’t have a Facebook or a WhatsApp account.