|Kirsten Storms Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|April 8, 1984
|Elias Paul Reidy
Kirsten Storms is a famous daytime soap actress who has been acting since the age of 13. After working for the Disney channel for many years, she bagged a series regular role in Days of Our Lives (1999-2004) for which she won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Child Actor in 2001 and Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Drama series in 2002. Most of Kirsten’s fans recognize her as Maxie from General Hospital.
Kirsten Renee Storms
K-Puppy, Carrot, Kiki, Teeny
Orlando, Florida, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Along with her sister Gretchen, Kirsten was primarily homeschooled by her mother Karen. At the age of 5, she finished her training from Lisa Maile Image, Modeling and Acting school in Winter Park, Florida.
She also attended an intensive acting workshop for children in Catskills, New York.
Actress, Voice Actress
- Father – Mike Storms (Former CBS Sportscaster turned Acting School Co-owner)
- Mother – Karen Renee Storms (Former Kindergarten Teacher turned Acting Coach)
- Siblings – Gretchen Lynn Storms (3 years Younger Sister) (Actress turned Acting Coach), Austin Storms (4 years Younger Brother) (Former Employee of the U.S. Army Reserve turned into a Divisional Risk Management Associate)
- Others – Matthew Stafford (Cousin) (American Football Quarterback), Tiffany Lynn Rowe (Sister-in-law; Austin’s Wife) (Former Model & Actress), Chris Storms (Half-Brother)
Kirsten is managed by Management 360.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kirsten Storms has dated –
- Ben Hogestyn (2001-2003) – Ben is a former soap actor turned artist and entrepreneur who is the step-son of veteran Days of Our Lives actor, Drake Hogestyn. Kirsten and Ben possibly dated for a couple of years.
- Josh Henderson (2004-2005) – Kirsten was frequently spotted with actor, model, and singer, Josh Henderson at various public events between 2004 and 2005.
- Erik-Michael Estrada (2005-2006) – Erik rose to fame as a part of the MTV produced boy-band called O-Town, which remained active from 2000 to 2003. Erik dated Kirsten while pursuing a solo career in 2005.
- Brandon Barash (2012-2016) – Kirsten met the fellow actor, Brandon Barash, on the sets of General Hospital as he was one of her co-stars. They stayed friends for quite a while, before eventually sharing a kiss after attending a fan event one day. After dating for a few months, Kirsten found out that she was pregnant. The couple went to Caesar’s Palace, Las Vegas and secretly got married in an intimate ceremony with 10 close family members in June 2013. Brandon proposed to Kirsten on the way to a gas station in Wrightwood, California with a Blue Raspberry Ring Pop. Together, the couple has one daughter named Harper Rose Barash (born January 2014). After a couple of years of marriage, Kirsten and Brandon started developing differences which they tried to resolve through months of therapy and counseling. As there was no improvement in their relationship, they decided to end their marriage in 2016. They amicably co-parent their daughter and both Brandon and Kirsten continue to feature on one another’s social media feeds. Although fans were hoping for the soap opera couple to reunite, both Brandon and Kirsten moved on to date other people. In June 2018, Brandon announced on Instagram that he was in a relationship with a personal trainer named Morgan Mitchell.
- Elias Paul Reidy (2007-2011, 2018-Present) – Kirsten first met musician Elias Reidy in 2006 and then dated him for 4 years. Elias was formerly the lead guitarist of a band called Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and played bass for a band called Golden State. In January 2018, Kirsten announced on Instagram that she had rekindled her relationship with the musician and has, since then, kept on posting their pictures regularly on her social media profiles.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often likes to color her hair in different shades of ‘blonde’.
- Big deep-set eyes and arched eyebrows
- Sharp chin
- Heart shaped face
- As a child actor in 1989, Kirsten was cast in national commercials for Tyco, Talk with Me Barbie, Seaworld, and Galoob Baby Doll.
- She has also served as the cover model for Mattel’s, Talk With Me Barbie.
Her family regularly attends a non-denominational church in Los Angeles.
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Zenon Kar in the Disney Channel original movie, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (1999) and in its 2 sequels which aired in 2001 and 2004
- Cast as the series regular character of Isabelle Black aka Belle in the daytime daily soap opera Days of Our Lives (1999-2004)
- Kirsten is identified most for playing the series regular character of Maxie Jones, a part she has played for more than a decade on the daily soap, on the show General Hospital
First TV Show
Kirsten made her first TV show appearance by guest starring as Ashley in the drama series Second Noah in 1996.
The actress has a fluctuating body weight due to an erratic schedule and other health issues. In 2011, she battled endometriosis for a year and lost her appetite completely for the most part of the year. In 2014, she gave birth to her first child and quickly regained her lean figure and flat stomach.
Throughout her ups and downs, Kirsten tries to make healthy food choices by cooking her own meals as often as her schedule allows. She is fond of cold brews /cold coffee. Eggs are her go-to source of protein that she likes to cook in different ways. Frequently criticized by her followers on social media for her fluctuating bodyweight, the actress has not shared the details about her workout regime.
Kirsten Storms Favorite Things
- Food – Tacos
- Teen Movie – Ten Things I Hate About You (1999)
- Author – Harlen Coben
- Source Of Music – Hit Station
Source – YouTube
Kirsten Storms Facts
- She was discovered by a talent agent at the age of 5.
- Kirsten landed her first acting role when she was 13 years old and it required her mother to relocate to Los Angeles with her younger sister while her father and brother stayed back in Orlando. It is the support of her family that has contributed to the steady development of her acting career over the years.
- Before getting discovered, Kirsten had already found out how much she loved being in front of the camera when she visited her father, a sports anchor, at his TV station. A cameraman recorded her doing pretend weather forecasts while her father was working nearby. Soon after, she told her parents that she aspired to become a soap opera star.
- Before moving to Los Angeles, she was crowned Junior Miss Orlando in her hometown.
- She is a close friend of actress and dancer, Emme Rylan.
- Had she not been an actress, she would have preferred to work as a makeup artist or a teacher.
- Kirsten is very fond of crafts and likes weaving wall mats with yarn.
- She has a cat named Randy Wruv.
- The actress has a passion for cooking and often describes herself as a wannabe chef.
- When the Disney channel aired Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (1999), it received the highest rating of all the Disney original movies at that time.
- Kirsten gave voice to the character of Bonnie Rockwaller in the animated adventure-comedy series Kim Possible from 2002 to 2007.
- In 2016, she took leave from General Hospital due to severe stress-induced acne and in 2017, Kirsten battled severe depression.
- In 2007, the actress got arrested for DUI and her driving license was suspended for 6 months.
- She was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her role in General Hospital in 2009.
- In June 2021, she underwent brain surgery on the lower portion of her brain because of a very large cyst that had split into two.
- To find out more about the daily soap actress, follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kirsten Storms / Instagram