|Karen Gillan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1987|
Karen Gillan is a Scottish actress, voice artist, director, model, and writer who is best known for having been cast as Amy Pond in the science fiction series Doctor Who from 2010 to 2013. This role won her several accolades including Young Scot Award, SFX Award, TV Choice Award, and the National Television Award. Moreover, Karen Gillan has also been cast in various movies such as Guardians of the Galaxy, The Big Short, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alex & the List, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, All Creatures Here Below, Avengers: Infinity War, Thor: Love and Thunder, Jumanji: The Next Level, Gunpowder Milkshake, and The Bubble.
Karen Sheila Gillan
Karen, Sheila, Kaz
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gillan studied acting at Telford College.
She then joined the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts drama school in London and achieved a Bachelor of Arts degree in acting.
Actress, Model, Voice Artist, Director, Writer
- Father – John Gillan (Siner, Recording Artist)
- Mother – Marie Gillan (Singer)
- Siblings – None. Karen is an only child.
Karen has been signed to –
- Troika, Talent Agency
- United Talent Agency
- Maison 2, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Her net worth has been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen Gillan has dated –
- Patrick Green (2006-2012) – Karen was in a 6-year-long relationship with the British photographer Patrick Green.
- Andrew Brooke (2012) – In 2012, Karen had an encounter with the British actor Andrew Brooke.
- Matt Smith (2012) – It is RUMORed that she had an affair with English actor Matt Smith in March 2012. The duo has worked together in Doctor Who.
- Nick Kocher (2022-Present) – She got married to American comedian and writer Nick Kocher in May 2022 in a ceremony at Castle Toward in Dunoon, Scotland. Nick is known as one-half of the internet sketch comedy duo BriTANicK.
Race / Ethnicity
Karen Gillan is of Scottish descent.
- Red hair
- Tall stature
- Long legs
34-26-34 in or 87-66-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has voiced the TV commercials for the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Warburtons, eHarmony, and others.
Despite her family being Catholic, Karen stated that she doesn’t practice any religion.
Best Known For
Her appearance in the TV series Doctor Who (2010 – 2012). She played the character of Amy Pond who is a companion of the protagonist Matt Smith (the Doctor).
Gillan first showed up in 2008 in the TV movie Stacked, playing Ginny Turner.
As a voice artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Eyes in the 2019 computer-animated spy comedy film Spies in Disguise.
First TV Show
Karen’s first TV appearance was back in 2006 in the TV series called Rebus. Gillan appeared in the episode A Question of Blood playing the character of Teri Cotter.
As a voice artist, she made her TV show debut in Robot Chicken in 2015.
Karen’s training can be checked while she was preparing for the role of Nebula in the 3D movie Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) on kasterborous.com.
Karen Gillan Favorite Things
- Candy Bar – Hazelnut Dairy Milk
- Spice Girl Song – Who do you think you are
- Part Of Scotland– Inverness
- Favorite Place To Travel – New York
- Candy – Cadbury Cream Eggs
- Color – Teal
- Sandwich – Consists of bread with seeds, avocado, chicken, and pepper
- Animal – Meerkat
Source – RadioTimes.com, Topiama
Karen Gillan Facts
- Karen learned to play the piano when she was 7.
- She and Katee Sackhoff are great friends.
- For her role as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Karen shaved her head. But instead of throwing away her hair, it was turned into a wig and donated to Star Wars 7.
- At a young age, she showed a passion for acting and joined a few local theater groups.
- She loves to shop for vintage clothing.
- She promoted the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer in 2011.
- Inspired by Bootylicious, she once imitated Beyonce and dyed her hair pink.
- Alongside Lena Headey, Carla Gugino, Chloe Coleman, Michelle Yeoh, Angela Bassett, and Paul Giamatti, she co-starred as Sam in the 2021 action thriller film Gunpowder Milkshake. This performance got her nominated for a Critics’ Choice Super Award for “Best Actress in an Action Movie”.
- Her dream role in the DC universe is Poison Ivy.