|Shivon Zilis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1986|
Shivon Zilis is a Canadian artificial intelligence scientist and venture capitalist who has served as the director of operations and special projects at Neuralink, a neurotechnology company that develops implantable brain-machine interfaces (BMIs). The company, co-founded by the business magnate, industrial designer, inventor, and investor Elon Musk, was launched in 2016 and was first publicly reported in March 2017. Between 2017 and 2019, she also served as a project director of the product and chip design team of Tesla Autopilot, a suite of ADAS (advanced driver-assistance system) features that amount to Level 2 vehicle automation in cars manufactured by Tesla, Inc., an American multinational automotive and clean energy company where Elon became the largest shareholder in 2004 and where he has served as the CEO since 2008. In her previous role, that of a venture capitalist, she had led 9 investments by early 2015, 4 of which went on to raise capital at higher valuations. Most of these investments were startups that were using data and machine intelligence in innovative ways. In 2015, she was included in Forbes magazine’s ’30 Under 30′ list in the category of venture capital.
Shivon Alice Zilis
Markham, York, Ontario, Canada
San Francisco, California, United States
Shivon had attended Unionville High School, a public school in her hometown of Markham. After her high school graduation, she joined Yale University, a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. She graduated from there, on academic and athletic financial aid, in 2008, with degrees in economics and philosophy.
Artificial Intelligence Scientist, Venture Capitalist
- Father – Richard Zilis
- Mother – Sharda Zilis
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shivon has dated –
- Elon Musk – In July 2022, it was reported that Shivon had welcomed twins with Elon Musk, in November 2021 via IVF (in vitro fertilization). They were not involved in any romantic relationship. In April 2022, they filed a petition to change the last name of the kids to ‘Zilis Musk’ which was approved in May 2022. She first met Elon in 2016 after she joined OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research laboratory co-founded in late 2015 by Elon, as a director. Later, as the director of operations and special projects at Neuralink, a neurotechnology company that was also co-founded by him, she began reporting directly to Elon. In 2020, she stated that Elon was the person that she admired the most in the world, despite all the criticism against him.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Punjabi (Indian) descent on her mother’s side and Canadian descent on her father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, frizzy hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Shivon Zilis Facts
- Shivon, during her time at Yale University, was a key member of the university’s ice hockey team. She had ended her time there with one of the all-time best save percentages as a goalkeeper. She also used to play the guitar and drums.
- She had stated in an interview that she was inspired by a Canadian rock band called Our Lady Peace to read The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence, a non-fiction book about artificial intelligence and the future course of humanity. She became involved in the study of artificial intelligence ever since.
- After graduating from Yale University, she joined the New York office of the American multinational technology corporation IBM, working in financial technologies for developing countries such as Peru and Indonesia.
- In 2012, she was one of the founding investors and partners of Bloomberg Beta, an early-stage venture capital firm, funded by Bloomberg L.P., a privately held financial, software, data, and media company. She worked there through the mid-2010s.
- She is a keen student of the work of German philosopher, cultural critic, and philologist Friedrich Nietzsche; and Scottish philosopher, historian, economist, librarian, and essayist David Hume.
- Elon Musk’s father Errol revealed in an interview in 2022 that Shivon has an IQ of 170.
Featured Image by Shivon Zilis / Instagram