|Lee Min-jung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1983|
Lee Min-jung is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who has been cast in a variety of shows such as Boys Over Flowers, Once Again, Who Are You?, Fates & Furies, Come Back Mister, Cunning Single Lady, Kimcheed Radish Cubes, All About My Romance, Big, Love Me When You Can, Midas, Love and Sympathy, The Barber of Seville, and Smile, You. In addition to that, she has appeared in several movies like Wonderful Radio, Cyrano Agency, Wishing Stairs, Searching for the Elephant, White Night, Someone Special, Pruning the Grapevine, Moodori, Wet Dreams 2, and The Gate of Destiny. Lee Min-jung was also included in Forbes‘ “Korea Power Celebrity 40” list in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea
Lee Min-jung attended Sungkyunkwan University, a private comprehensive research university located in South Korea.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Others – Park No-soo (Maternal Grandfather) (A renowned painter who led the first generation of modern traditional Korean ink painters who emerged after the country’s liberation from Japanese rule) (d. February 25, 2013)
Lee Min-jung has been signed with MS Team Entertainment.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lee Min-jung has dated –
- Lee Byung-hun (2006, 2012-Present) – She had a short-termed romance with actor and singer Lee Byung-hun in 2006. The duo resumed their relationship in the year 2012 and eventually got married on August 10, 2013, at the Grand Hyatt Seoul. On March 31, 2015, they welcomed their first child – a son named Lee Joon-hoo. In August 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Min-jung is of Korean descent.
- Pierced ears
- Lean body
She has done endorsement work for brands like Callaway Apparel Korea, Chatelaine Korea, and others.
Lee Min-jung Facts
- She played the role of Ha Jae-kyung in the 2009 romantic comedy-drama television series Boys Over Flowers.
- In 2009, Lee Min-jung co-starred as Seo Jung-in in the romantic comedy-drama television series Smile, You. This performance won her the “New Star Award” at the 2009 SBS Drama Awards while she was also nominated at the 2010 Baeksang Arts Awards in the “Best New Actress – Television” category.
- She played Lee Si-yeong, an employee of Mi-ho’s rich fiance, in the 2009 mystery thriller film White Night, based on the Japanese novel Journey Under the Midnight Sun by Keigo Higashino. Her performance in the film won her the Korean Association of Film Critics Award for “Best New Actress”.
- Alongside Uhm Tae-woong, Park Shin-hye, Choi Daniel, and Park Chul-min, Lee Min-jung co-starred as Kim Hee-joong in the 2010 romantic comedy film Cyrano Agency. This role won her several accolades including a Blue Dragon Film Award, Cine21 Award, Director’s Cut Award, Style Icon Award, and Grand Bell Awards.
- Lee Min-jung brought to life the character of Shin Jin-ah in the 2012 romantic comedy film Wonderful Radio.
- Her theatre credits include playing Hwa-yi in Taxi Driver, Silvia in The Game of Love and Chance, and Yoo Hwa-yi in Clumsy People.
- She appeared as Song Na-hee, Young-dal and Ok-boon’s 3rd child who is a pediatrician, in the 2020 family drama television series Once Again. For this, Lee Min-jung bagged the APAN Star Award in the “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama” category as well as KBS Drama Awards for both “Top Excellence Award, Actress” and “Best Couple Award” (with Lee Sang-yeob).
Featured Image by LG전자 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0