|Park Shin-hye Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1990|
Park Shin-hye is a South Korean actor, voice actor, and singer who has been cast in many movies including Green Days: Dinosaur and I, My Annoying Brother, One Perfect Day, Evil Twin, Cyrano Agency, Miracle in Cell No. 7, The Royal Tailor, Heart Blackened, Love Phobia, Waiting for Jang Joon-hwan, The Beauty Inside, The Call, and #Alive. In addition to that, she has also been cast in a variety of television projects such as Sisyphus: The Myth, Stairway to Heaven, Nonstop 4, High Kick Through the Roof, Tree of Heaven, My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox, Seoul 1945, The Heirs, Heartstrings, Prince Hours, Kimcheed Radish Cubes, Temperature of Love, You’re Beautiful, Hayate the Combat Butler, Pinocchio, My Cute Guys, The King of Dramas, Fabulous Boys, Entertainer, The Doctors, Memories of the Alhambra, and Gogh, The Starry Night. She is considered one of the most prolific female actors of her age and was ranked at number #33 in Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list in 2015, at number #12 in 2017, and at number #40 in 2021.
Nam District, Gwangju, South Korea
Park Shin-hye went to the Hak-Kang Elementary School in Gwangju. In 2009, Park got enrolled at Chung-Ang University from where she graduated with a degree in Film and Theatre in February 2016.
She also took formal training for dancing, singing, and acting.
Actor, Voice Actor, Singer
- Siblings – Park Shin-won (Older Brother) (Guitarist, and Composer)
Park Shin-hye has been represented by S.A.L.T Entertainment.
K-pop, pop, R&B
CJ E&M, Gazi Contents
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Park Shin-hye has dated –
- Lee Min-ho (2013) – Park was going out with actor Lee Min-ho in 2013. They had reportedly become more than good friends while shooting for the drama movie, The Heirs. They went out for about a year before breaking up for unspecified reasons. She would later partially admit to their relationship in an interview.
- Yong Jun-hyung – She has revealed in one of her interviews that she once shared a close bond with actor and singer, Yong Jun-hyung. However, their busy schedules kept them from growing as a couple.
- Lee Jong-suk – Park started going out with actor Lee Jong-suk after they had grown close while working in the TV series, Pinocchio. Although they hadn’t publicly owned up to their relationship, the fact that they had been pictured together on holidays in England and Hawaii hinted toward something deeper than friendship. They had also been spotted going out for late-night drives by the paparazzi. However, the couple later broke up.
- Choi Tae-joon (2017-Present) – Park started dating actor Choi Tae-joon in 2017 and their relationship was confirmed in March 2018. In November 2021, their agencies announced their engagement and also revealed that they were expecting their first child together. In January 2022, the duo got married in a private ceremony in Seoul. On May 31, 2022, Park gave birth to a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean origin.
32-24-33 in or 81-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
In 2015, Park was selected as the brand ambassador by the Mind Bridge fashion house.
She also signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Viki in 2015.
The other brands she has done endorsement work for include –
- Median Dental Care
- Rapido China
- VISA Asia Pacific
- Millet Sport
- Lotte Duty-Free
- Cover Powder Cushion
- Alton Sports
- Etude House
Also, she has been featured in print ads for fashion brands like Bruno Maglio and Agatha Paris Jewelry.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Hana in the South Korean-Japanese drama series, Tree of Heaven
- Portraying the role of Choi In-ha in the South Korean romance and drama series, Pinocchio
As a Singer
Park has contributed several singles for the music albums of her various TV series. Her first single was Love Rain, which was released as a part of Tree of Heaven OST.
In 2006, Park made her first film appearance in the romance drama film Love Phobia as Byeon-ja.
First TV Show
In 2003, Park was seen in the TV series Stairway to Heaven as young Han Jung-suh.
Park Shin-hye works out regularly to keep her svelte figure in shape and to keep baby fat off her body. She is particularly a big fan of modern dance workouts, which combine intense cardio with muscle toning exercises. Apart from her regular workout, she cycles around twice or thrice per week.
While growing up, she was fond of water and swimming. She still retains that love and likes to indulge in water sports in her free time. Apart from that, she tries to maintain a fairly active lifestyle.
Regarding diet, she eats just 2 meals a day. She refrains from consuming any solid food after 6 PM. Plus, she often uses a broth made from pumpkin and red beans which are reported to be helpful in tackling puffiness and bringing a glow to the skin.
Park Shin-hye Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Highlight Lip Tint #6, Mamonde Flower Essence Marks, and Cover Powder Cushion
- Baseball Team – Kia Tigers
Source – Street-Love.net, K-Drama Stars
Park Shin-hye Facts
- In 2015, Park Shin-hye bought a restaurant for her parents using the money she had saved up for nearly a decade. She even works as a server at the restaurant in her free time.
- In 2010, Forbes magazine placed her on the #8 spot in the Korea Power Celebrity list. In 2015, she was placed on the #33 spot and on the 12th position in 2017 in the same list.
- In 2013, she celebrated the completion of the Miracle in Cell No. 7 film by serving rice cake soup to 800 homeless and elderly people.
- Whenever she has sufficient time from her working schedule, she distributes food at various traveling soup kitchens.
- In 2014, in appreciation of her acting skills, beauty, and her charitable actions, she was declared Nation’s Little Sister in Korea.
- Her portrayal of Choi In-ha in the TV series, Pinocchio helped her bag a position in the “Top 40 Most Popular Celebrities” list in Korea, which was compiled by Forbes magazine.
- In 2011, she assisted in raising funds in order to support victims of the earthquake in Japan.
- Park was made the 25th Goodwill Ambassador of Korea Food for the Hungry in 2011.
- From 2018 to 2019, she co-starred as Jung Hee-joo/Emma in the romantic sci-fi drama series Memories of the Alhambra, one of the highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television history. For this role, she was nominated for a Korea Drama Award in the “Top Excellence Award, Actress” category in 2019.
- She received the Philanthropic Celebrity of the year at the 2019 Asia Philanthropy Awards.
- She co-starred as Kim Seo-yeon in the 2020 thriller film The Call, based on the 2011 British and Puerto Rican film The Caller.
- In 2021, she appeared as Gang Seo-hae, a mysterious woman from the future, in the sci-fi thriller drama series Sisyphus: The Myth.