|Murray Bartlett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1971|
Murray Bartlett is an Australian actor and producer who is known for playing Armond in the HBO comedy-drama anthology miniseries The White Lotus, Dom Basaluzzo in the HBO comedy-drama series Looking, Cyrus Foley in the radio and soap opera Guiding Light, Dr. Paul Edmonds in the Netflix crime action-adventure series Iron Fist, Randy Evans in the television soap opera Home and Away, Luke Foster in the soap opera Neighbours, Julian Sinclair in the soap opera All My Children, Michael “Mouse” Tolliver in the Netflix drama miniseries Tales of the City, Vinnie Green in the Apple TV+ comedy-drama series Physical, Nick in the drama series The Secret Life of Us, Douglas ‘D.K.’ Knox in the science fiction series Farscape, and James Brogan in the drama series Headland. In addition to that, he has also been cast in several other shows such as The Flying Doctors, The Ferals, Murder Call, Above the Law, S*x and the City, McLeod’s Daughters, Flight of the Conchords, All Saints, White Collar, Damages, The Good Wife, Limitless, Conviction, Nashville, Madam Secretary, and RuPaul‘s Drag Race Down Under.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
Murray Bartlett studied at John Curtin College of the Arts (originally John Curtin High School) located in Fremantle, Perth. He graduated in 1988 from the drama program. After that, he got enrolled at the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney and graduated with a degree in Performing Arts (Acting) in 1991.
- Mother – Anne Sinclair
Murray Bartlett has been signed with –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Murray Bartlett is of English descent.
Salt and Pepper
He came out during the early phase of his career and stated, “I didn’t feel like I really had an alternative; I just never felt I could ever be anything but myself.”
He was cast in a TV commercial for Nivea for Men in 2003.
Murray Bartlett Facts
- He was 4 years old when his family shifted to Perth and he subsequently grew up there.
- He brought to life the character of James Whitney in the 2012 comedy film Girl Most Likely, starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, Darren Criss, Christopher Fitzgerald, and Natasha Lyonne.
- In 2020, Murray Bartlett appeared as Terry in the romantic comedy film The Stand In.
- Alongside Connie Britton, Jennifer Coolidge, Alexandra Daddario, Fred Hechinger, Jake Lacy, Brittany O’Grady, Natasha Rothwell, Sydney Sweeney, Steve Zahn, and Molly Shannon, Murray Bartlett co-starred as Armond (the manager of the White Lotus resort and recovering drug addict who has been sober for 5 years) in the HBO miniseries The White Lotus in 2021.
- For his performance in The White Lotus, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie”, Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Made for Television”, and AACTA International Award for “Best Actor in a Series”. The role also got him nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for “Best Male Performance in a New Scripted Series” and Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie”.
Featured Image by eeeannie20k / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0