|Connie Britton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1967|
Connie Britton is an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, and producer who made her theatrical film debut as Molly McMullen in the comedy-drama film, The Brothers McMullen, in 1995. She is known for her roles like Rayna Jaymes in Nashville, Tami Taylor in Friday Night Lights, Abby Clark in 9-1-1, Nikki Faber in Spin City, Vivien Harmon in American Horror Story: Apocalypse and American Horror Story: Murder House, Connie Tate in The West Wing, Maggie Kimble Hume in The Fugitive, Rachel Davis in Lost at Home, Diane Huxley in 24. Moreover, for her work in Friday Night Lights, she bagged a Satellite Awards 2010 for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama” while her performance in Nashville got her nominated for an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” and a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama”. The actress has also appeared in films including A Nightmare on Elm Street, Professor Marston and The Wonder Women, Promising Young Woman, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, This Is Where I Leave You, The To Do List, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, The Last Winter, and The Fitzgerald Family Christmas.
Constance Elaine Womack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Connie Britton studied at E.C. Glass High School in Virginia, United States.
The American actress graduated with majors in Asian studies and learned Chinese at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire. She also studied at the Beijing Normal University.
Connie also studied drama at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
Actress, Singer, Film Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Edgar Allen Womack, Jr. (Physicist and an energy company executive)
- Mother – Linda Jane (née Cochran) (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Cynthia Womack (Fraternal Twin)
- Others – Edgar Allen Womack (Paternal Grandfather), Lucy Opal George (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Rowland Cochran (Maternal Grandfather), Emily Marie Sullivan (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been managed by –
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock
Her music has been released via Big Machine Records as a part of the TV show Nashville‘s soundtrack.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Connie Britton has dated –
- John Britton (1989-1995) – Connie met an investment banker John Britton at Alpha Delta House during her graduation at Dartmouth College. In 1989, the two moved to Manhattan and tied the knot in the year 1991. The couple separated legally in 1995.
- David Windsor (2019-Present) – Connie started dating writer David Windsor in November 2019.
Note – Connie Britton adopted a son named, Eyob “Yoby” Britton (b. January 25, 2011) in November 2011 from Ethiopia.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, German, and English descent.
- Beautiful hair
- Sense of humor
- Playing interesting female characters
37-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
She was seen in TV commercials for Hulu Plus’s ‘Get More Fall TV With Hulu Plus’ in 2014, It’s On Us in 2014, etc.
Best Known For
She is best known for playing the role of Sharon Gaines in the sports movie Friday Night Lights (2004) and as Abby Sellers in The Last Winter (2006).
Connie is also famous for her role of queen of country music, Rayna Jaymes in the hit ABC drama series Nashville.
As a Singer
As a singer, Connie has contributed to the TV series Nashville where she has played the character of singer Rayna Jaymes.
Connie Britton’s first film was the comedy-drama movie The Brothers McMullen in 1995 in which she played the character of Molly McMullen.
First TV Show
Her debut TV show was ABC sitcom Ellen from 1995 to 1996 in which she played the role of Heather in 3 episodes.
First Stage Performance
She made her theater debut in her school days with playwright and actress Caroline Kava’s The Early Girl at The Courtyard Playhouse, New York.
Connie Britton does not like going to the gym but follows a proper fitness routine. She was into aerobics in her early years and that is one of the reasons that she hates gymming. The actress began eating vegan food in 2008 and loves raw food. She loves to exercise, especially yoga and Pilates.
She is an outdoor person and prefers hiking and swimming as these exercises target her entire body and mind. She also meditates.
Connie says that she feels fit and the secret to healthy living is to find out the values and knowing the body. One needs to know what works best for them to stay fit.
It has to be your life you are living.
Connie Britton Favorite Things
- Song – Purple Rain by Prince
- Movie – Thelma and Louise (1991), Foul Play (1978)
- Music – Rock and Roll, Southern Rock
- Pastime – Hiking, biking, running, volunteer work
- Actress – Elisabeth Moss, Lizzy Caplan, Julianna Margulies
- Singer – Bonnie Raitt
- City – New York
Connie Britton Facts
- Connie Britton was a star theater artist during her high school days.
- During her freshman summer at the Beijing Normal University, her fellow classmate was Kirsten Gillibrand, a U.S. Senator from New York.
- Connie was the roommate of actress Lauren Graham during her college days.
- In her college days, she taught aerobics to make ends meet and while waiting to get her hands on some acting assignments after arriving in New York City.
- The actress joined the New York Junior League in 1993. She became the provisional class of volunteers member and enlisted her occupation as an ‘actress’.
- Connie had auditioned for the famous Tom Cruise movie Jerry Maguire (1996) but Renee Zellweger was cast instead.
- She became the 10th Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on April 2, 2014. She is among the other celebrities including Spanish tennis player Maria Sharapova, Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, French footballer Zinedine Zidane and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo, who have been the past ambassadors for the organization that fights poverty. Her focus has been poverty eradication, women empowerment, and fighting exclusion.
- She has a home in Hollywood Hills just beneath the D of the Hollywood sign.
- Connie has a pet dog named Lucy which is a pit mix.
The actress has a resemblance to another American actress Jennifer Warren.
- Connie is good friends with singer and actress Sheryl Crow.
Connie is a liberal democrat.
- In January 2022, Connie revealed that she had previously tested positive for COVID-19 and had later recovered from the virus.