|Kristen Wiig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1973|
|Eye Color||Grayish Blue|
Kristen Wiig is an American actress, comedian, voiceover artist, producer, and writer who joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 2005 and is also known for having been cast in films and shows including How to Train Your Dragon, Bridesmaids, The Skeleton Twins, The Spoils of Babylon, Ghostbusters, Despicable Me, Girl Most Likely, Where’d You Go, Bernadette, Welcome to Me, The Diary of a Teenage Girl, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Bless the Harts, Mother!, Wonder Woman 1984, The Martian, and Downsizing. Also, she was named one of PETA’s S*xiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011 and was included in Time‘s 2012 list of The 100 Most Influential People in the World.
Kristen Carroll Wiig
The Brown Cow (This nickname is coined by her friends due to her love for chocolate)
Canandaigua, New York, United States
She lives in Los Angeles.
However, she often travels to New York City, where she was based before moving to Los Angeles.
Kristen Wiig studied at the Nitrauer Elementary School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Later, she got admission at the Manheim Township Middle School and studied there until 8th grade.
After her family moved to Rochester, New York, she got enrolled at the Allendale Columbia School and studied there for two years, leaving school in 10th grade. She later studied at Brighton High School.
As she couldn’t find her choice of college on the first try, she decided to take a three-month outdoor living program from a local community college in Rochester. Finally, she got enrolled at the University of Arizona and majored in Arts.
Actress, Comedian, Writer, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Jon Wiig (Operated a lake marina in Western New York)
- Mother – Laurie Wiig (Artist)
- Siblings – Erik Wiig (Brother)
- Others – Gunnar Arna Wiig (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Josephine McCue (Paternal Grandmother), William Carroll Johnston (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Curtis Day (Maternal Grandmother)
Kristen Wiig has been represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Television, Film (Comedy)
Satire, Political Satire, News Satire, Improvisational Comedy, Sketch Comedy
American Politics, American Culture, Current Events, Pop Culture, Mass Media–News Media
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristen Wiig has dated –
- Hayes Hargrove (2005-2009) – After dating for some time, Kristen got married to actor Hayes Hargrove in 2005. Their married life lasted for about 4 years as they got divorced in 2009.
- Brian Petsos (2009-2011) – After the end of her first marriage, Wiig found solace in the company of actor and comedy writer Brian Petsos. They had first met while they were studying in high school and were mere 15 years old. However, thereafter, they fell out of touch and got to meet again while working on Saturday Night Live. They often recorded comedy videos as a couple in their apartment for the website FunnyorDie.com. After dating for nearly two years, they decided to go separate ways in 2011.
- Fabrizio Moretti (2011-2013) – Kristen was first linked with Italian Brazilian musician Fabrizio Moretti towards the end of 2011. They were pictured kissing at the Black Keys concert in December 2011 and made their relationship public in July 2012 after they attended Wiig’s Bridesmaids costar Ellie Kemper’s wedding as a couple. By July 2013, they had decided to go separate ways.
- Scott Speedman (2014) – In September 2014, Kristen was linked with comedian Scott Speedman. They were reported to have spent a lot of time together in each other’s company at the Toronto Film Festival. On September 5, they arrived at the star-studded party for the comedy-drama film St. Vincent (2014) holding hands like a couple. It was also reported that they had left the party early with each other.
- Avi Rothman (2016-Present) – Kristen’s relationship with actor Avi Rothman came to light in May 2016 after they were pictured kissing passionately while on a vacation in romantic Kauai, Hawaii. However, a source close to the famous actress revealed that they had been secretly dating for months. In 2019, the duo got engaged and later in 2020, they welcomed twins via surrogacy. In February 2021, Kristen announced her marriage to Avi.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Norwegian and Irish ancestry while on her mother’s side, she is of Scottish, Dutch, and English descent.
- Grayish-Blue eyes
- Long and angular face
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
In July 2017, Kristen was cast in a TV commercial for the fast-food chain, Pizza Hut. In the funny advert, she was cast in multiples roles.
Best Known For
- Having played the lead role in the comedy movie, Bridesmaids. She had co-written the script of the movie also.
- Her stint in the popular comedy sketch show, Saturday Night Live. She bagged multiple Emmy nominations for her work in the comedy show.
- Having played the role of Cynthia Morehouse in the comedy miniseries, The Spoils of Babylon
In 2003, she made her film debut as one of the extras in the drama movie, Melvin Goes to Dinner.
As a voice artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Pudgy Beaver Mom in the computer-animated adventure comedy film, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2003, Kristen made her first TV show appearance in the role of Dr. Pat in the reality TV hoax show, The Joe Schmo Show.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by voicing the character of Mrs. Stapleton in an episode titled The Curious Case of Jr. Working at The Stool of the adult animated sitcom, The Cleveland Show, in February 2010.
Kristen Wiig tries to sustain a healthy lifestyle to keep herself fit. Whenever she can find sufficient time in her schedule, she trains with her personal trainer.
She performs yoga once per week and also likes to go out for a run and cycling. However, she doesn’t like to run as much as she used to. Mostly, she likes to go for long walks. If she can’t head out, she relies on her treadmill in her house for about an hour-long workout.
As per diet, she is a vegetarian. She tries to eat a lot of tofu and soy. She also likes to drink a lot of water throughout the day. Once a week, she likes to eat whatever she wants. Kristen reckons that this small indulgence helps her remain disciplined for the whole week.
Kristen Wiig Favorite Things
- Mascara – L’Oréal Telescopic and Maybelline Full and Soft
- Splurge-Worthy Foods – Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms, lemon cupcakes from Buttercup Bake Shop, hot and melted cheese sandwiches, and sweet potato fries
- Prized Possession – Gold necklace with a tiny cuckoo clock
- Comedy Movies – Caddyshack (1980) and Beaches (1988)
- Comedy TV Show – The British Office
- Comedy Cartoon Character – Chilly Willy
Source – Allure, Women’s Health Mag
Kristen Wiig Facts
- After graduating from the University of Arizona, she was set to take a job at a plastic surgery clinic, where she was supposed to draw pictures of patients’ post-surgery bodies. However, she instead opted to move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- She had to take an acting class while studying in the university to fulfill a course requirement. The acting class teacher asked her to give professional acting a try.
- She was working with the popular improv group, The Groundlings, when her manager encouraged her to send a tape for the work in a sketch show, Saturday Night Live.
- She joined Saturday Night Live cast in November 2005 for season 31. And, by the weight of her performances, she managed to survive the budget cut and by the start of season 32 was made full cast member.
- In April 2009, the Entertainment Weekly included Wiig in their list featuring 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood.
- In 2003, she had to be sent to the hospital after she suffered an injury while shooting for The Joe Schmo Show.
- On Saturday Night Live, she has done impressions of celebrities like Kathie Lee Gifford, Drew Barrymore, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Sawyer, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Jamie Lee Curtis, Gwen Stefani, Kris Jenner, Paula Deen, Lana Del Rey, and Ann-Margret.
- In her early struggling days in Los Angeles, she was employed to wait tables in the executive dining room of Universal Studios.
- In 2012, the famous Time Magazine included her in their annual 100 Most Influential People in the World list.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0