|Nancy Pelosi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1940|
Nancy Pelosi is an American politician who had become the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives in 2019, a post that she had previously held from 2007 to 2011. A long-serving member of the Democratic Party, she has been the ‘Leader of the House Democratic Caucus’ since January 3, 2003, and a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from California since June 2, 1987.
Nancy Patricia D’Alesandro
Princess Nancy, Petunia
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Pacific Heights, San Francisco, California, United States
Nancy had graduated, in 1958, from the Institute of Notre Dame, a private Catholic all-girls high school in her hometown of Baltimore. She had then joined the Trinity Washington University, a Catholic university in Washington, D.C., and had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
- Father – Thomas D’Alesandro Jr. (Politician, Former Mayor of Baltimore, Former Member of the US House of Representatives) (d. August 23, 1987)
- Mother – Annunciata M. ‘Nancy’ D’Alesandro (née Lombardi) (Political Activist) (d. April 3, 1995)
- Siblings – Thomas Ludwig John D’Alesandro III (Older Brother) (Attorney, Politician, Former Mayor of Baltimore) (d. October 20, 2019), Nicholas M. D’Alesandro (Older Brother) (d. 1934), Franklin Delano Roosevelt D’Alesandro (Older Brother) (Former Member of the US Armed Forces) (d. 2007), Hector Joseph D’Alesandro (Older Brother) (d. 1995), Joseph Thomas D’Alesandro (Older Brother) (d. 2004)
- Others – Ronald ‘Ron’ Virgil Pelosi (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Laurence Pelosi (Nephew-in-Law), Andrew Pelosi (Nephew-in-Law), Cynthia Pelosi (Niece-in-Law) (d. 1970), Carolyn Pelosi (Niece-in-Law), Brennan Pelosi (Nephew-in-Law), Matt Pelosi (Nephew-in-Law), Belinda Barbara Newsom (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Susan Ferguson (Sister-in-Law), Michiel Vos (Son-in-Law) (Journalist, Lawyer, Jurist, Correspondent), Verdula Minnie (Maternal Aunt), Tommaso G. D’Alesandro (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Petronilla D’Alesandro (née Foppiani) (Paternal Grandmother), Peter Kaufman (Son-in-Law) (Film Producer), Philip Kaufman (Brother-in-Law) (Film Director, Screenwriter), Rose Kaufman (née Fisher) (Sister-in-Law) (Actress) (d. December 7, 2009), Theodore Jeffrey Prowda (Son-in-Law), Michael Terence Kenneally (Son-in-Law), Nicola Lombardi (Maternal Grandfather), Concetta Milio (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nancy has dated –
- Paul Pelosi (1963-Present) – Nancy had first met American businessman Paul Pelosi when she was attending Trinity Washington University. They got married on September 7, 1963, in Baltimore, Maryland, at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen. They have 5 children together – a son named Paul Pelosi, Jr. (b. January 23, 1969) (Businessman), and 4 daughters named Alexandra Pelosi (b. October 5, 1970) (Journalist, Documentary Filmmaker, Writer), Christine Pelosi (Political Strategist, Author) (b. May 5, 1966), Nancy Corinne Pelosi, and Jacqueline Pelosi. Through Alexandra, she has 2 grandsons named Thomas Vincent Vos (b. 2007) and Paul Michael Vos (b. 2006). Through Jacqueline, she has 3 grandsons named Sean Kenneally, Ryan Kenneally, and, Liam Kenneally. Through Christine, she has a granddaughter named Isabella Kaufman (b. March 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Neck-length, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
Nancy Pelosi Facts
- In 2003, when she was chosen to lead the House Democrats, Nancy had become the first woman to lead a party in the US Congress.
- As of January 2021, she was the only female in history to have served as the United States House of Representatives Speaker.
- In January 2019, when she was elected to that post for the 2nd time, she had become the first former speaker to return to the post since Sam Rayburn in 1955.
- Also, until the inauguration of Kamala Harris as Vice President of the United States, she was the highest-ranking female elected official in the history of the United States.
- In January 2021, she was re-elected as the Speaker of the House. She had received 216 votes as opposed to the Republican leader Kevin McCarthy who had received 209.
Featured Image by Nancy Pelosi / Instagram