|Sebastian Lletget Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1992|
Sebastian Lletget is an American professional soccer player who has represented, as an attacking midfielder, teams such as West Ham United F.C. (2010–2015) in the English Premier League (EPL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (2015–Present) in Major League Soccer (MLS). At the international level, he had represented the United States at the Under-17, Under-20, and Under-23 tiers before making his senior national team debut in January 2017.
Sebastian Francisco Lletget
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Francisco Lletget
- Mother – Sara Lletget
- 9, 17 – United States
- 41, 43, 35 – West Ham United F.C.
- 17 – Los Angeles Galaxy
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sebastian has dated –
- Becky G (2016-Present) – Sebastian had started dating singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, and actress Rebbeca Marie Gomez aka Becky G in May 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Argentine descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Sports a rugged beard
Sebastian Lletget Facts
- When Sebastian was 11 years old, his father had taken him to his native Argentina for soccer trials. He had even impressed local coaches enough to qualify to be a part of the iconic Buenos Aires-based club River Plate‘s youth system. However, his mother was upset at the idea of him living in another country at such a young age and had stopped him from joining the team.
- He had later started his youth career playing for a club called Santa Clara Sporting in Silicon Valley, California. His performances there had helped him get selected for the United States’ Under-17 soccer residency program.
- He was being noticed by English scouts at this time, from the West Ham United International Academy, and they had invited him to travel to England in 2009. His maternal grandfather had helped him in attaining a European passport after which he had played for West Ham United F.C.‘s youth team between 2009 and 2010. He had then signed up his first professional contract, with their senior team, in September 2010.
- Although he was West Ham until 2015, he played very few games for them and was primarily used as a substitute when he was selected. Although he had signed a contract extension in 2013, his journey with the club was severely affected when he had contracted mononucleosis.
- In March 2017, he had scored his first goal for the United States’ senior national team, in a qualification match for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, against Honduras. However, the experience had turned bittersweet for him as he had suffered a Lisfranc injury later in the match which had required surgery that sidelined him for 6 months.
- In April 2021, he was suspended by Major League Soccer (MLS) for 2 matches and fined an undisclosed amount of money after he had used a homophobic slur in an Instagram post. Before this incident, MLS had punished players for 3 matches in several instances of similar misdemeanors. However, the fact that Sebastian had expressed remorse immediately after the incident was probably the reason that he was suspended for 2 matches instead of 3.
Featured Image by Sebastian Lletget / Instagram