|Terry Dubrow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1958|
Terry Dubrow is an American plastic surgeon and TV personality who first became a household name in 2004 after appearing on a reality TV series called The Swan where each episode followed the journey of 2 women over a 3-month period where they would undergo an extreme makeover with the help of personal trainers, therapists, dentists, and cosmetic surgeons. By the time he appeared on the show, Terry had already established himself as a successful plastic surgeon whose practice, based in Newport Beach, California, used to attract customers not just from Southern California, but across the world. He then performed plastic surgery procedures on Bridalplasty, a reality TV series that was broadcast between November 2010 and January 2011 and that featured a group of women who competed to win a wedding and a transformative plastic surgery procedure. Terry earned a lot of fame for co-hosting the reality TV series Botched (2014–Present), which follows him and another plastic surgeon named Paul Nassif as they remedy extreme plastic surgeries gone wrong, and its spin-off series called Botched by Nature (2016).
Terry J. Dubrow
Los Angeles, California, United States
Newport Beach, Orange County, California, United States
Terry earned his MMS (Master of Medical Science) degree in 1980 from Yale University, a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. He later attended the David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM) at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), a public land-grant research university in Los Angeles. He graduated from there in 1986 with an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree.
He went on to complete a residency in general surgery and was chief resident at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, a public teaching hospital located in West Carson, Los Angeles County. He also completed a 3-year fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, a hospital located on the campus of UCLA.
Plastic Surgeon, TV Personality
- Father – Alvin Leon Dubrow
- Mother – Laura Lee Dubrow (née Gotthalf)
- Siblings – Kevin Mark Dubrow (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician) (d. November 2007)
- Others – Benjamin Dubrow (Paternal Grandfather), Bessie Alpert (Paternal Grandmother), Eseal Barney Gotthalf (Maternal Grandfather), Gussie Posolsky (Maternal Grandmother), Conrad S. Kent (Father-in-Law) (d. September 2017), Caroline Conrad Kent (Mother-in-Law), Schuyler Kent (Sister-in-Law)
Terry Dubrow’s net worth had been $50 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Terry has dated –
- Heather Dubrow (1999-Present) – Terry married American actress, TV personality, and author Heather Dubrow (b. Heather Paige Kent) on June 5, 1999. They have 4 children together – a son named Nicholas Dubrow (b. 2003) and 3 daughters named Maximillia Dubrow (b. 2003), Katarina Dubrow (b. 2006), and Collette Dubrow (b. Dec. 2010). Nicholas and Maximillia are twins.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish and 1/512 Sephardi Jewish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Puffy face
Terry Dubrow Facts
- His appearance in the 2004 reality TV series called The Swan made his already successful private practice so prominent that his wait list for plastic surgery work went from 3 months to 6 months.
- In April 2015, Terry co-hosted 6 episodes of a plastic surgery-themed TV talk show called Good Work which consisted of one-hour-long roundtable discussions regarding the quality of the plastic surgery undertaken by Hollywood celebrities.
- He has co-published the books – Dr. and Mrs. Guinea Pig Present The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need to the Best Anti-Aging Treatments (2016), The Dubrow Diet: Interval Eating to Lose Weight and Feel Ageless (2018), and The Dubrow Keto Fusion Diet: The Ultimate Plan for Interval Eating and Sustainable Fat Burning (2020).
- In June 2020, it was announced that he and his wife, Heather, would host and executive produce The Seven Year Stitch, a reality TV show that follows a couple on the brink of divorce who then separate for 7 weeks and undergo a physical and mental makeover under the guidance of Terry, Heather, and other experts.
- In 2023, Terry suffered a Transient Ischemic Attack (or TIA).
Featured Image by Terry Dubrow / Instagram