|Draymond Green Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Draymond Green is an American professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). In the past, he played college basketball for Michigan State. During his college career, he received awards such as Big Ten Conference‘s “Sixth Man of the Year” NABC‘s “National Player of the Year”. As of June 2022, Draymond was a 3 time NBA champion, a 2 time member of the All-NBA Team, a 4 time NBA All-Star, and a 2 time Olympic gold medalist. During the course of his career, he has been the recipient of honors such as NBA‘s “Defensive Player of the Year”, Big Ten Tournament‘s “MVP”, NBA steals leader, and many more.
Draymond Jamal Green
Day-Day, The Dancing Bear
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Draymond Green went to Saginaw High School in Michigan where he competed under the guidance of coach Lou Dawkins.
After graduating from high school, Green joined Michigan State University from where he achieved a bachelor’s degree in 2012.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Wallace Davis
- Mother – Mary Babers
- Siblings – Torrian Harris (Brother), Braylon Green (Brother), LaToya Barbers (Sister), Jordan Davis (Sister), and Gabby Davis (Sister)
- Others – Raymond Green (Stepfather)
Green is signed with B.J. Armstrong.
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Draymond has dated –
- Jelissa Hardy – He was in a relationship with Jelissa Hardy in the past. The couple has a son together named Draymond Jr.
- Hazel Renee – Draymond later started dating actress Hazel Renee and the couple also got engaged. They have 2 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular build
- Towering height
- Shiny smile
Draymond Green has been seen in TV commercials for Foot Locker, Beats By Dre, Verizon go90, and others.
Green is a devoted Christian.
Best Known For
The passion he shows in each and every game which is the biggest reason why he is described as the “Heart and Soul” of the Golden State Warriors.
Green is widely known for his great defensive skills often helping him to successfully guard less tall players than him.
First Basketball Match
Draymond had his NBA debut on October 31, 2012, in a match between Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns. The Warriors won the game by 2 points with the final score being 87-85 in which Green spent only 1:15 minutes on the court and achieved a single rebound.
He had his All-Star debut in 2016 after he was chosen in the Western Conference All-Star reserve squad.
- Energy on the court
- Rebounding ability
- Shooting of the dribble
- Ball Handling / Moves in offense
Green was first seen in the documentary film Our Dreams in 2012.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches themselves, Draymond first appeared in the family sport show Game Changers as himself in several episodes in 2016.
Draymond Green Facts
- Although Green had a choice to choose between Kentucky Wildcats and Michigan Wolverines, but in the end, he accepted the scholarship given by the Spartans.
- In the 2012 NBA Draft, Green was picked as the 35th overall pick by the Golden State Warriors.
- On July 30, 2012, Draymond agreed to sign a three-year contract worth 2.6 million dollars with the Warriors.
- During the 2014-2015 season with the Warriors, Green finished second in the race for the Defensive Player of the Year Award and Most Improved Player Award. He also won the NBA Championship after in the finals, the Warriors managed to beat Cleveland Cavaliers with the total score of 4-2.
- On July 9, 2015, Draymond extended his contract with the Warriors for another five years for a price of 82 million dollars.
- He competed for the USA’s national team at the 2011 Summer Universiade men’s basketball tournament in China.
- After he got drafted by the Warriors, Green moved to live in an apartment in Emeryville, California stating that the life in San Francisco is too expensive.
- While at Michigan State, Draymond trained with the Spartans football team and even got the chance to perform in two plays at the 2011 Green-White spring football game.
- On September 14, 2015, Draymond gave 3.1 million dollars to Michigan State University, so that they can build new training facilities and make the whole sports and scholarship program better.