|Marielle Heller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Marielle Heller is an American actress, writer, and director who is prominently known for having directed several hit films such as The Diary of a Teenage Girl (2015), Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2018), and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019). On the other hand, Marielle is also recognized for her portrayal of Alma Wheatley in The Queen’s Gambit (2020).
Marielle Stiles Heller
Marin County, California, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Marielle graduated from high school in 1997, after which, she went on to enroll at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she studied in their theatre program.
She also attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Actress, Writer, Director
- Father – Steve Heller (Chiropractor)
- Mother – Annie Stiles-Heller (Artist, Art Teacher)
- Siblings – Nate Heller (Younger Brother) (Musician), Emily Heller (Younger Sister) (Comedian, Writer, Actor, Podcast Host)
- Others – Asa Taccone (Brother-In-Law) (Musician), Tony Taccone (Father-In-Law) (Theater Director)
Marielle is represented by United Talent Agency and Ziffren Brittenham.
Marielle Heller’s net worth was $5 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marielle has dated –
- Jorma Taccone (2007-Present) – Marielle and comedian, director, actor, and writer Jorma Taccone met one another for the first time while attending UCLA. Together, the couple had a son named Wylie Red Heller Taccone (b. December 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Marielle has Jewish ancestry.
- Her music is mostly composed by her younger brother Nate Heller
Marielle Heller Favorite Things
- Soundtrack – So I Married an Axe Murderer
- Tom Hanks Film – Philadelphia (1993)
Source – The Hot Corn
Marielle Heller Facts
- She was brought up on the outskirts of Alameda.
- One of the earliest movies that she fell in love with was Stand By Me (1986).
- The movie that she has watched the most is The Room (2003).
- Her guilty pleasure is watching reality TV.
- Heller once stated in an interview that she is intrigued by stories where people are “trying to talk about something that people are uncomfortable talking about” and “human beings trying to navigate through the world.”
- Marielle received a Lynn Auerbach Screenwriting Fellowship and The Maryland Film Festival Fellowship in the past.
- Upon her return to the United States, Heller had worked as an actor at the Magic Theatre, the American Conservatory Theater, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, and the La Jolla Playhouse.
- Initially, she started off her career as an actress with her role as Clocky in MacGruber in 2010.
- Marielle made her debut as a director with the film The Diary of a Teenage Girl in 2015. After that, she went on to direct several other hit films including Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2018) and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019).
- Until 2021, one of her most prominent roles as an actor was in The Queen’s Gambit as Alma Wheatley.
Featured Image By HimmelrichPR / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0