|Jhené Aiko Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jhené Aiko is an American singer, songwriter, and recording artist who started her career by contributing vocals and appearing in several music videos for R&B group B2K. Eventually, she went on to release a number of tracks, albums, mixtapes, and extended plays such as Souled Out, Chilombo, Trip, Sail Out, My Name Is Jhené, Sailing Soul(s), The Worst, Bed Peace (ft. Childish Gambino), Sorry to Interrupt (with Jessie J and Rixton), None of Your Concern (ft. Big Sean), and Happiness Over Everything (H.O.E.) (featuring Future and Miguel). Her third studio album, Chilombo, was released on March 6, 2020, and it debuted at number #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in January 2021.
Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo
Jhené, Nay, NeNe
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, songwriter, recording artist
- Father – Dr. Karamo Chilombo (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Christina Yamamoto
- Siblings – Miyoko (Older Sister) (Singer), Jamila (Older Sister) (Singer), Jahi, Miyagi (Brother) (Died of cancer on July 19, 2012)
- Others – George Warren Barnes (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Viola Chisholm (Paternal Grandmother), Teddy Tadashi Yamamoto (Maternal Grandfather), Essie/Esther Regina Pecot (Maternal Grandmother). Also, Jhené Aiko has 3 paternal half-siblings, named Marcia, Dio, and Kareena (two are older ones and one younger).
She has been signed with –
- LA’s Finest Online
- ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
R&B, Soul, Alternative R&B, Neo Soul, Hip Hop, Pop
ARTium, Def Jam, Island Def Jam, The Ultimate Group, Epic Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $1 Million in 2020.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jhene Aiko has dated –
- Bow Wow – She was romantically linked to American rapper Bow Wow in the past.
- O’Ryan (2005-2008) – From 2005 to 2008, she dated another singer, O’Ryan. She gave birth to her first child, Namiko Love on November 19, 2008. Jhene was 20 at that time.
- Shad Moss (2010) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with rapper, actor, and television presenter Shad Moss in the year 2010.
- Donald Glover (2013) – In October 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating actor and singer Donald Glover.
- Dot da Genius (2014-2016) – American record producer Dot da Genius and Aiko hooked up in September 2014. After dating for one and a half years, the couple announced their marriage on March 16, 2016. But, the marriage didn’t last even a year and Jhene applied for divorce on August 9, 2016.
- Big Sean – After splitting from Dot da Genius, she started a relationship with rapper Big Sean in 2016. Sean and Jhene dated for more than 2 years and split in mid-December 2018. It was later revealed through Big Sean’s song titled Deep Reverence that she had a miscarriage with him. Also, after the release of her album Chilombo on March 6, 2020, Big Sean congratulated her via Instagram and this led to the speculations that the duo was back together.
Race / Ethnicity
She has a variety of backgrounds and ancestry.
She is of Dominican, Japanese, and Spanish descent on her mother’s side, while she has African American, Choctaw, Cherokee, Navajo, German Jewish, and Yaqui ancestry on her dad’s side.
5 Octane Range
36-23-34 in or 91.5-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She grew up in a Christian household.
Best Known For
- Her singles, EPs, and albums
- She was featured in Big Sean’s single “Beware”, which was certified as “Gold” in the USA.
Aiko released her debut album Souled Out via Def Jam Recordings in May 2014.
Jhené Aiko Favorite Things
- Singer / Rapper / Inspiration – Tupac
- Color – Blue
Source – Wikipedia, GlobalGrind.com
Jhené Aiko Facts
- As per her Twitter profile, she is an aspiring astronomer, cat collector, Pokemon master.
- Her name is pronounced as “Juh-nay. ahh-ee-ko”.
- She was baptized at the age of 16 at evangelical Pentecostal Foursquare Church.
- She lost her brother Miyagi on July 19, 2012, due to cancer.
- On August 27, 2013, she had a car accident due to which she broke her wrist, got stitches on the chin, and also had a chipped tooth.
- She was first introduced to the world as Lil Fizz’s cousin.
- Her daughter’s name is “Namiko Love”, which means “child of the wave”. She named her so after reading a book by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk.
- She had hosted the premiere ceremony for the 2021 Grammys in Los Angeles in March 2021.
- Her album, Chilombo, received 3 Grammy nominations: Album of the Year and Best Progressive R&B Album, and Best R&B Performance for “Lightning & Thunder”.
- Visit her official website @ jheneaiko.com.