Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo
Jhené, Nay, NeNe
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, songwriter, recording artist
- Father – Dr. Karamo Chilombo (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Christina Yamamoto
- Siblings – Miyoko (Older Sister) (Singer), Jamila (Older Sister) (Singer), Jahi, Miyagi (Brother) (Died of cancer on July 19, 2012)
She has three paternal half-siblings, named Marcia, Dio, and Kareena (two are older ones and one younger)
She is signed to LA’s Finest Online.
ARTium, Def Jam, Island Def Jam, The Ultimate Group, Epic Records
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
45 kg or 99 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jhene Aiko dated –
- Bow Wow – She was romantically linked to American rapper Bow Wow in the past.
- O’Ryan (2005-2008) – From 2005 to 2008, she dated another singer, O’Ryan. She gave birth to her first child, Namiko Love on November 19, 2008. Jhene was 20 at that time.
- Donald Glover (2013) – In October 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating actor and singer Donald Glover.
- Dot da Genius (2014-2016) – American record producer Dot da Genius and Aiko hooked up in September 2014. After dating for one and a half years, the couple announced their marriage on March 16, 2016. But, the marriage didn’t last even a year and Jhene applied for divorce on August 9, 2016.
- Big Sean (2016-2018) – After splitting from Dot da Genius, she started a relationship with rapper Big Sean in 2016. Sean and Jhene dated for more than 2 years and split in mid-December 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has a variety of backgrounds and ancestry.
She is of Dominican, Japanese, and Spanish descent on her mother’s side, while she has African American, Choctaw, Cherokee, Navajo, German Jewish, and Yaqui ancestry on her dad’s side.
5 Octane Range
36-23-34 in or 91.5-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Her religious beliefs are not known. But, her family was not very religious while she was growing up.
Best Known For
Her singles, EPs, and albums.
She was featured in Big Sean’s single “Beware”, which was certified as “Gold” in the USA.
Aiko released her debut album Souled Out via Def Jam Recordings in May 2014.
Jhené Aiko Favorite Things
- Singer / Rapper / Inspiration – Tupac
- Color – Blue
Jhené Aiko Facts
- As per twitter profile, she is an aspiring astronomer, cat collector, Pokemon master.
- Her name is pronounced as “Juh-nay. ahh-ee-ko”.
- She was baptized at the age of 16 at evangelical Pentecostal Foursquare Church.
- She lost her brother Miyagi on July 19, 2012, due to cancer.
- On August 27, 2013, she had a car accident due to which she broke her wrist, got stitches on the chin, and also had a chipped tooth.
- She was first introduced to the world as Lil Fizz’s cousin.
- Her daughter’s name is “Namiko Love”, which means “child of the wave”. She named her so after reading a book by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk.
- Visit her official website @ jheneaiko.com.