|Donald Glover Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1983|
Donald Glover is an actor, record producer, DJ, rapper, director, writer, singer-songwriter from U.S. The multi-talented personality performs songs under the stage name “Childish Gambino”. He also works as a DJ using the name “mcDJ”. He has given his voice to the Simba character in The Lion King movie. He appeared in 89 episodes in the comedy series Community from 2009 to 2014. In 2016, he released his third studio album “Awaken, My Love!”
Donald McKinley Glover
Childish Gambino, mcDJ
Edwards Air Force Base, California, United States
Donald studied at the DeKalb School of the Arts and graduated from Stephenson High School in Georgia, United States.
He then enrolled in the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University and graduated with a Dramatic Writing degree in 2006.
Actor, writer, producer, director, comedian, rapper, singer, songwriter
- Father – Donald Sr. (Retired Postal Worker)
- Mother – Beverly Smith (Retired Daycare Provider)
- Siblings – Stephen Glover (Younger Brother) (Writer / Producer), Bree Glover (Sister)
He is managed by MGMT Entertainment.
Hip hop, R&B, Funk, Soul, Electronic, Musical Comedy
Vocals, Glockenspiel, Drums
Glassnote Records, Island Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Donald Glover has dated –
- Jhene Aiko (2013) – Donald was RUMORed to be dating American singer Jhene Aiko in October 2013.
- Michelle – Donald is currently in a relationship with Michelle. His lover remains unknown to the world and she gave birth to his baby boy named, Legend in 2016. The talented musician and actor affirmed the baby was a boy during his Golden Globe acceptance speech in January 2017. Later in January 2018, the couple welcomed another child, a son.
Race / Ethnicity
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Glover has been featured in commercials on
- Clothing brand Gap’s Holiday ad campaign.
- Ubisoft’s Far Cry 4 video game.
Glover was raised a Jehovah’s Witness.
Best Known For
His roles in movies including Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014), Magic Mike XXL (2015), and The Martian (2015).
Among his notable television series are NBC sitcom Community and FX’s comedy series Atlanta.
Donald’s debut studio album titled Camp was released on November 15, 2011 by Glassnote Records. The album debuted on the Billboard 200 at No. 11.
The album sold over 242,000 copies in total as per data released by Nielsen SoundScan.
Donald made his movie debut in 2009 with Mystery Team in the role of Jason Rogers. He was also a writer and executive producer for the movie.
First TV Show
In 2005, Donald guest appeared on the talk show Late Night with Conan O’Brien as a criminal.
To prepare for the role of Lando Calrissian in 2018 Star Wars Han Solo film, Donald underwent a special diet.
Donald Glover Favorite Things
- Song – Kiss From a Rose (By Seal)
- Dish – Osso Buco (Shanks braised with vegetables)
- TV Series – American Dad, O.J.: Made in America
- Movie – The Counselor (2013)
- Book – Future Shock (By Alvin Toffler)
- Actress – Sarah Paulson
- Song – Bootylicious (By Beyonce)
- Singer – Bruno Mars
- Cartoon – The Simpsons
Donald Glover Facts
- Donald Glover was brought up in Stone Mountain, Georgia in the United States.
- In his DeKalb School of the Arts yearbook, Donald was voted as Most Likely to Write for The Simpsons.
- He became a part of the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy troupe and was discovered by Tina Fey who asked him to become a writer for 30 Rock.
- His stage name Childish Gambino is the creation of the Wu-Tang Clan’s name generator.
- He is a member of the Derrick Comedy sketch comedy group and has been a part of their YouTube sketches since 2006. The group members include Dominic Dierkes, Meggie McFadden, DC Pierson, and Dan Eckman.
- In July 2010, he was awarded the Rising Comedy Star award at the Just for Laughs festival.
- On March 16, 2011, Donald hosted the MTVU Woodie Awards held at South By Southwest Film Festival.
- Donald initiated a Twitter campaign to audition for Peter Parker’s role in the 2012 reboot of the Spider-Man franchise.
- In 2017, he lent his voice to the character of Simba in the remake of the Disney movie The Lion King.
- Visit his official website @ pharos.earth.
- Connect with him on Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, and Twitter.