|Jonathan Kite Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jonathan Kite is an American actor, comedian, impressionist, and voice-over artist who shot to fame after playing the role of the unapologetically filthy and hilarious Ukrainian chef Oleg Golishevsky at the Williamsburg Diner on the wildly popular CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls (2011-2017). He gained further popularity by starring in numerous other TV programs such as the comedy streaming series Dad Stop Embarrassing Me! where he began to essay the part of Johnny in 2021. Jonathan has also performed as a voice actor, having lent his voice for many characters such as both Octavian and the Trumpet Guy in the animated show Cleopatra in Space (2020-2021). Jonathan has been featured in a number of movies too, like All the Creatures Were Stirring (2018). As a stand-up comedian, he is best known for his impressions of celebrities including Tom Hanks and Jeff Bridges.
Jonathan Bernard Kite
Skokie, Illinois, United States
Jonathan went to Old Orchard Junior High and Niles North High School. He then attended the University of Illinois Urbana–Champaign from where he acquired a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre. He also studied Improvisation and Sketch comedy at The Second City in Chicago and The Groundlings in Los Angeles.
Actor, Comedian, Impressionist, Voice-over Artist
- Father – David Kite
- Mother – Lynn
He has been represented by –
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
- Danis, Panaro & Nist
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Tall stature
- Oval shaped face
- Large and expressive eyes
He has appeared in the commercials for several brands such as AT&T and Muscle Milk.
Jonathan Kite Favorite Things
- Character On 2 Broke Girls – Sophie
- Episode On 2 Broke Girls Featuring Him – The one in which the girls come and fix his apartment by switching it around as he finds it to be a very interesting look
Source – DNA India
Jonathan Kite Facts
- He was raised in Skokie in Illinois.
- Jonathan has recalled that while growing up, he used to imitate his teachers like old Mr. Shotand who taught him English. It was only years later that he realized he could apply the same skill to impersonate famous people.
- He has revealed that he had actually held the same job that Oleg has. Back in the days when Jonathan was in college, he used to work at a grill in Illinois as a chef and the experience has enabled him to do what his character does in the kitchen, with ease.
- Jonathan has disclosed that he has loved how his character Oleg has really toed the line without pushing the envelope too much. He has thoroughly enjoyed the humor in the show 2 Broke Girls, which is raw but made in a very clever manner, and he has cherished the suggestive quality of the jokes.
- He used improv once to get out of a parking ticket.
- Outside of comedy and acting, his passion has consisted of collecting antique furniture. Jonathan has dreamed of living in a museum of sorts one day and transform his 2nd bedroom into a lovely gift shop.
Featured Image by Jonathan Kite / Instagram