Thomas Jeffrey Hanks
Concord, California, USA
Tom educated at Skyline High School in Oakland.
After finishing high school, he continued his schooling at Chabot College in Hayward, where he studied theater.
He then moved to California State University from where he later dropped out.
- Father – Amos Mefford Hanks (Itinerant Cook)
- Mother – Janet Marylyn (Frager; Hospital Worker)
- Siblings – Sandra Hanks (Older Sister; Writer), Larry Hanks (Older Brother; Entomology Professor at the University of Illinois) and Jim Hanks (Younger Brother; Actor and Filmmaker).
Tom Hanks is signed with Playtone.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hanks dated –
- Samantha Lewes (1975–1987) – In January 1975, Tom commenced dating the American actress Samantha Lewes. After 3 years of being in a relationship, Tom and Samantha got married on January 24, 1978. In August 1985, the couple got separated and two years later in March 1987, they officially divorced. Hanks and Lewes have two children – Colin Lewes (born on November 24, 1977) and Elizabeth Ann (born on May 17, 1982).
- Rita Wilson (1985–Present) – Tom first met the American actress Rita Wilson on the set of the TV series Bosom Buddies (1980 – 1982). They started dating in September 1985. After three years of being in a relationship, the couple crowned their love and got married on April 30, 1988. Tom and Rita have two children – Chester Marlon (born on August 4, 1990) and Truman Theodore (born on December 26, 1995).
Race / Ethnicity
Tom has Portuguese and American ancestry.
- Green eyes
- Often plays the character of an ordinary guy
11 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 44.5 (EU)
Tom has appeared in a TV commercial for The National World War II Memorial (1999) and for The Nature Conservancy (2007).
As a teenager, Tom defined himself as a Bible-toting evangelical.
After marriage to Rita Wilson, he converted to a Greek Orthodox.
Best Known For
Tom is best known for appearing in the movies Big (1988), Volcano (1990), Radio Flyer (1992), A League of Their Own (1992), Forrest Gump (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Toy Story 2 (1999), Cast Away (2000), The Terminal (2004), The Da Vinci Code (2006), Cars (2006), Evan Almighty (2007), My Life in Ruins (2009), Small Fry (2011) and others.
He is also known for showing up in many TV series including Saturday Night Live (1985 – 2015), Tales of the Crypt (1992), Band of Brothers (2001), The Pacific (2010) and The Story of Terror! (2013).
Tom first showed up in the movie He Knows You’re Alone (1980), playing as Elliot.
First TV Show
The Love Boat is the name of the TV series in which Hanks made his television debut.
Tom played the character of Rick Martin and appeared in the episode Friends and Lovers/Sergeant Bull/Miss Mother.
Tom Hanks Favorite Things
- Food – Greek Gyros
- Artist – Elvis Presley, Patrick Rondat
- Band – Alabama Thunderpussy
- Color – Green
- Books – In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Source – Golden Globes, Shortlist, IMDb
Tom Hanks Facts
- He was offered a role in the Tom Cruise movie Jerry Maguire (1996).
- Hanks is a huge supporter of the baseball team Cleveland Indians.
- For his role in the movie Philadelphia (1993), Tom lost 30 lbs and for Cast Away (2000), he lost 50 lbs.
- He is a great fan of the F.C Aston Villa.
- Entertainment Weekly voted Tom as the 26th Greatest Movie Star.
- After 14 years of their divorce, his first wife Samantha Lewes passed away. She was diagnosed with cancer.
- Hanks is suffering from diabetes mellitus type 2.
- He is a supporter of the same-sex marriage.
- Tom owns RAV4 EV and eBox.
- Tom is a Democrat.
- At a young age, he wanted to become an astronaut. He is a supporter of NASA’s program.
- He is a member of NSS (National Space Society).
- He won the Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award in 2006. The award was given by the Space Foundation.
- Connect with Tom Hanks on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.