|Linden Ashby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1960|
Linden Ashby is an American actor best known for playing the character of Sheriff Noah Stilinski in the MTV series Teen Wolf (2011–2017) and Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat (1995).
Clarence Linden Garnett Ashby III
Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
The actor graduated from The Bolles Private School in Jacksonville, Florida. He later got enrolled in Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado, to study Psychology and Business Administration but dropped out in the junior year.
Ashby later moved to New York City to pursue a career as an actor and studied acting for 2 years at The Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre with Sanford Meisner.
Actor, Director, Martial Artist
- Father – Clarence Linden Garnett Ashby Jr. (Pharmaceuticals Manufacturer) (Expired 2010)
- Mother – Eleanor Johnson Ashby (Civic Organizer) (Expired 2015)
- Siblings – Stuart Ashby-Fore (Older Sister) (Realtor), Elizabeth Frew aka Baba (Older Sister) (Director of Global Leadership Institute, Professor of Spanish and Geography)
- Others – Clarence Ashby (Paternal Grandfather), Eloise Ashby (Paternal Grandmother), William Bill Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Imogene Jimmy Johnson (Maternal Grandmother), Peter Frew (Brother-in-Law) (Director of Admissions at The Taft School). he also has 3 nieces and 5 nephews.
Linden is represented by –
- People Store Talent Agency, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Metropolitan Talent Agency (MTA), Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 11.5 in or 181.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Linden Ashby has dated –
- Susan Walters (1985–Present) – Ashby got married to the model turned actress Susan Walters in 1986. They have 2 daughters named Frances Grace Ashby (b. 1991) and Savannah Elizabeth (b. 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Scandinavian ancestry.
- Rugged appearance owing to an active outdoor life
- Deep-set, hooded eyes
- Laugh lines around the eyes
Linden Ashby Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia TV show
- Hometown Restaurants – Pete’s Bar, Sliders Seafood Grille and Oyster Bar in Neptune Beach
- Actor – Mark Harmon
Linden Ashby Facts
- Growing up on a beach in Florida, Linden learned to surf at the age of 9 and competed in the East Coast Championships 3 times while he was still studying in high school.
- He briefly worked as a ski instructor and competitor while studying at Fort Lewis College in Colorado.
- He started learning and practicing martial arts at the age of 21. Ashby learned Karate, Tae Kwon Do, some Chinese styles, and Krav Maga but he couldn’t earn a black belt in any form because his work assignments often interrupted his training.
- Linden quit training in martial arts after breaking his ankle and tibia during intense training in Krav Maga.
- Ashby served as the lead singer of a rock band called The Loners for 3 years (1989-1991).
- The actor is an absolute outdoors person. The long list of his hobbies includes bike riding, golf, tennis, windsurfing, scuba diving, horseback riding, and hunting.
- He owns 2 pet dogs named Oscar and Maggie.
- Ashby is on the board of an organization called Thursday’s Child that helps at-risk youth.
- He is a licensed pilot and used to own a 6-seat single-engine Piper Lance plane that he would park at Van Nuys airport while he lived in Los Angeles, California.
- Linden is also a competent horseman and his wife shares his love for equestrian endeavors. The couple owns 2 horses named Goldie and Pearl.
- The actor has worked in several TV movies for Lifetime Network and often gets recognized at the airport for his work in those made-for-television films.
- He credits veteran actor & director, Paul Newman as the main influence on his professional life. When Linden was in his early 20s, he got to know Newman personally.
- Ashby learned the value of punctuality from Paul Newman and found a lack of this attribute in other people as his biggest pet peeve.
- The actor used to suffer from acute anxiety and panic attacks before every audition in the early years of his career.
- He got cast as Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat (1995) as a replacement for Brandon Lee, who met a sudden and untimely death in 1993.
Featured Image by Linden Ashby / Instagram