|Zane Rima Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1999|
Zane Rima is an American social media star, singer, songwriter, author, and podcast host, best known for her YouTube channel of the same name, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 300k subscribers. She posted her 1st video on June 4, 2015, which was titled SINGING WHISTLE NOTES after breathing in HELIUM?!?!!?. The first videos were mainly showing off her songwriting skills and covering songs by other well-known artists, as well as her vocal style impressions of them. As her YouTube following increased, so did the questions and requests, and Zane began to upload tutorials and guide videos such as How To Find CONFIDENCE in Your SINGING, HOW TO SING 100x Better THAN YOU DO RIGHT NOW, How To Sing High Falsettos and Head Voice, and many others.
She also began to react to well-known singers’ live performances but also to videos of her fans’ singing. For that reason, Zane gained the titled of an “unprofessional vocal coach” or “non-vocal coach” as she began to help people out of her free will while being a full-time high school student. She also offered paid Skype lessons for people seeking a 1-on-1 session that required her full attention and personalized guidance. For others, Zane also wrote a book titled SINGING SECRETS!: (Ultimate Guide For Beginner Singers), released via Amazon on April 18, 2017, and began hosting a podcast, LipSync Podcast, starting in August 2019.
New Jersey, United States
Florida, United States
After she graduated from high school in 2018, Zane became a full-time college student and studied nursing.
Social Media Star, Singer, Songwriter, Author, Podcast Host
- Father – Abs Rima
- Mother – Susan Rima (Nurse)
- Siblings – Jeffry “Kuya” Rima (Brother) (Studied at the University of South Florida), Jonathan “Jon” Rima (Brother) (Patient Care Technician at a Rehabilitation Hospital)
Vocals, Ukulele, Guitar
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zane Rima has dated –
- Jordan Reagan (2018-Present) – Zane and Jordan started dating in 2018. She has never discussed her relationship on her channel, but because he attended Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Florida, United States, and studied nursing, and she was a nursing student in Florida in 2018 as well, it was likely that’s where they met.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
Zane Rima has endorsed brands such as White With Style (2017).
Best Known For
- Being an author of an Amazon book, SINGING SECRETS!: (Ultimate Guide For Beginner Singers), released in April 2017, and a host of LipSync Podcast starting in August 2019
- Her social media fanbase with more than 300k subscribers on YouTube where she uploads song covers and reactions, and tutorials about singing, releasing songs, and even albums independently
As a Singer
She introduced herself to her YouTube audience with a cover of Demi Lovato‘s song Stone Cold in December 2015, while in 2016, Zane wrote and sang 2 original songs, titled Do It For You and Go Home. The year of 2016 also saw the release of song covers such as Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas, Ariana Grande‘s Dangerous Woman, and Tori Kelly‘s Beautiful Things. The year of 2017 was one of the busiest for Zane, as she released a number of song covers. Some of those were Lauren Jauregui‘s Back To Me, Fifth Harmony’s No Way in February, and James Arthur‘s Say You Won’t Let Go in June.
She also covered Tori Kelly’s Colors Of The Wind, Ariana Grande’s Almost Is Never Enough in August and Labrinth‘s Jealous in October 2017. Zane also released 2 new covers in 2018, of the song I Don’t Know My Name by Grace VanderWaal in February, and Sober by Demi Lovato in August.
On January 14, 2019, Zane went back to the gym, and posted videos from the gym of her deadlifting with a caption “Maybe this time it’s won’t be just a 1 week New Year’s Resolution”.
Zane Rima Favorite Things
- Singer – Mariah Carey
- Personal Quote – “Only a personality can be truly ugly. Everything else…is purely unique.”
Source – Facebook Bio
Zane Rima Facts
- Both of her parents were born in the Philippines but moved to the United States before she was born.
- Zane is her childhood nickname.
- Her fans often call themselves Zaneiacs, a wordplay on “maniacs”.
- Zane began her social media career on a now-defunct smartphone app called Keek.
- She used her mom’s e-mail to submit her entry for a singing contest called Real Talent from Real Life organized as part of the promotion of the movie Sing (2016). She won at the age of 16 and was invited to spend some time in Los Angeles, California for free.
- At one point in the past, she lost her passion for music and thought she would never make it.
- Zane can solve a Rubik’s cube in under 28 seconds.
- She once sang Alicia Key‘s song If I Ain’t Got You at her school’s talent show and won 3rd place.
- She’s good at juggling and spinning a basketball on 1 finger.
- Zane considered auditioning for the 2017 season of either America’s Got Talent or The Voice, both well-known singing competitions.
- Zane hates bandaids. Once, a bandaid floated to her while she was swimming, and got stuck to her skin in the past. When she lifted it up, she saw blood and freaked out.
- She got a cat in August 2018 and named her Mariah Kitty after Mariah Carey. Unfortunately, her cat passed away on June 7, 2019.
- Zane got a new puppy in mid-August 2019 and named him Boo Biscuit. She planned to get a puppy around her birthday in October 2019, but she surprised herself by making the decision earlier.
Featured Image by Zane Rima / Instagram