|Bob Saget Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1956|
Bob Saget initially wanted to become a doctor but his English teacher felt that he had the potential to do well in acting and comedy. So, he heeded the advice and got enrolled in a film school. As an actor, he got his first break as a cast member of the CBS show, The Morning Program. He made it big with his role in the famous TV comedy, Full House. Later, he also hosted the comedy show, America’s Funniest Home Videos.
Robert Lane Saget
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Bob Saget attended Abington Senior High School. Then, he got enrolled at Temple University’s film school and graduated in 1978 with a B.A. degree.
Later, he decided to undertake graduate courses at the University of Southern California. However, he decided to quit just a few days later.
Stand-Up Comedian, Actor, Television Host
- Father – Benjamin Saget (Supermarket Executive)
- Mother – Rosalyn Saget (Hospital Administrator)
- Siblings – Andrea Saget (Sister), Gay Saget (Sister)
- Others – Itsik Meier Saget (Paternal Grandfather), Jennie /Jenny Greber (Paternal Grandmother)
Bob Saget is represented by Brillstein Entertainment Partners (Talent Management Company).
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bob Saget has dated –
- Katie Couric – In her interview with Howard Stern on his SiriusXM radio show, Katie revealed that she had once gone on a date with Bob Saget. She also revealed that Saget never called her back after the date.
- Sherri Kramer (1982-1997) – Saget started going out with screenwriter Sherri Kramer when he was 17 years old. They got married in a low key ceremony in 1982. She was one of his biggest supporters in the early phase of his career. However, they officially divorced in 1997.
- Hope Dworaczyk (2011-2012) – Saget was first linked with former Playboy model Hope Dworaczyk in April 2011 after she was spotted leaving U.S. Weekly Annual Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event in his car. Their last public appearance as a couple was at The Book of Mormon Opening night held at Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.
- Kelly Rizzo (2015-Present) – Saget first met TV host, Kelly Rizzo, in 2015 through a mutual friend. They were attracted to each other right from the start and started going out soon after. They got engaged in November 2017 as she made it official through a post on Instagram. Later, they got married in October 2018 in a lavish wedding ceremony at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Towering Height
- Wears Glasses
Bob Saget has appeared in a TV commercial for Atomic Goodrich Tires.
He was raised in a Jewish household.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Danny Tanner on the ABC comedy series, Full House. He reprised the same role in show’s Netflix sequel, Fuller House.
- Having lent his voice to the future Ted Mosby character in the popular comedy TV show, How I Met Your Mother
- Having appeared in popular TV shows such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Robot Chicken, and Entourage
In 1981, he made his first feature film appearance in the comedy horror movie, Full Moon High.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by doing a voiceover role in the sci-fi sex comedy movie, Spaced Out, in 1979.
First TV Show
In 1981, Bob Saget made his first TV show appearance in The Show Must Go On episode of the comedy series, Bosom Buddies.
Bob Saget Facts
- He did stand-up comedy for the first time at the age of 17. Later, he would go on to make a short comedy film titled Beach Blanket Blintzes.
- He wasn’t the first choice for the role of Danny Tanner in the popular sitcom, Full House. The show producers had even filmed the pilot of the show with another actor. But, the executive producer Jeff Franklin later decided to hand Saget the role.
- Initially, he wanted to become a doctor. However, his Honors English teacher, Elaine Zimmerman, felt that he had creative talent and asked him to pursue a career in the movies.
- While studying at the Temple University, he created a black and white movie, Through Adam’s Eyes, which was centered around a boy who had undergone facial reconstructive surgery. The movie was awarded an award of merit in the Student Academy Awards.
- In his early 20s, he had to undergo a surgery to take out a gangrenous appendix. In fact, he almost died because of the appendix problem.
- In 1985, he got his big breakthrough as he was cast in the comedy sitcom, Full House. Initially, no one connected with the show imagined that it would be such a monumental hit.
- In 1989, he was hired to host America’s Funniest Home Videos. He worked in that role until 1997.
- After his sister Gay was diagnosed with and passed away from scleroderma, he has done extensive activism work for the foundations related to the disease. He even made a TV movie, For Hope, based on his sister’s struggles.
- He has also served as a board member of the Scleroderma Research Foundation.
- Visit his official website @ bobsaget.com.
- Follow Bob Saget on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Behind The Velvet Rope TV / vimeo / CC BY 3.0