|Desiigner Quick Info
|6 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|May 3, 1997
Desiigner is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and record executive. He has released several tracks, mixtapes, and extended plays like New English, Diamonds Forever, L.O.D., 3 the Hard Way, Tiimmy Turner, Panda, Thank God I Got It (ft. Mitus), Up, Liife (ft. Gucci Mane), Holy Ghost, and Shoot.
Sidney Royel Selby III
Desiigner, Designer Royel, Dezolo, Dezol
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive
- Father – Sidney Selby II
- Mother – Sheila (Johnson)
- Siblings – Two sisters and an older brother.
- Others – Sidney Selby (Grandfather) (Jazz Musician)
Desiigner has been represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Trap, hip hop, mumble rap
GOOD Music (Former), Def Jam Recordings (Former), LOD
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
92 kg or 203 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Desiigner has dated –
- Lil’ Kim (2016) – After the on-stage performance of rappers Lil’ Kim and Desiigner at the BET awards in June 2016 and loved up posts uploaded after the event, it seemed that Desiigner was in a relationship with curvaceous beauty. In the uploaded Instagram snaps, the duo seemed very cozy as they cuddled.
Race / Ethnicity
Desiigner is of African-American and African-Barbadian descent.
Desiigner was featured in the TV commercial for Adidas AlphaBounce alongside Dak Prescott.
He has also starred in a two-minute-long advert for the Champs Sports, which also features his Outlet track.
He has also starred alongside model Andreea Diaconu in a promotional video for the famous Vogue magazine.
Best Known For
- His debut single titled Panda that managed to reach #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100
- Being Kanye West’s protégée
Desiigner released his debut single, Panda in 2015.
His debut studio album, The Life of Desiigner was released thereafter.
First TV Show
Desiigner first appeared on the TV series as a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in 2016.
Desiigner Favorite Things
- Movie – The Fast and the Furious (2001)
Source – High Snobiety
- He got his name as a suggestion from his brother-in-law, who had asked him to design his name, leading to him using Designer Royel. His sister asked him to drop Royel and add another ‘I’ in his name.
- He honed his singing skills by performing in the school choir and at a church.
- The idea for his debut single, Panda came from listening to the beat on YouTube while playing a GTA game with his friends. He purchased that beat for $200 before turning it into his own work.
- He came up with a Panda song within two days. However, he initially didn’t plan on working on the single and wanted to give kook to a more established rapper but his manager convinced him otherwise.
- In September 2016, the police authorities stopped his SUV in New York City after a caller to 911 alleged that the rapper had pulled a gun on him during the altercation.
- The NYPD officers found guns and oxycodone in his vehicle while responding to a 911 call. He and his four companions received weapon and drug charges.
- In June 2016, the XXL magazine included him along with 9 other budding rappers in their Freshman Class for 2016 feature.
- In February 2016, he was signed up by Kanye West to his label GOOD Music, which is signed to the Def Jam Recordings.
- Four months before the release of his debut single, he was in talks with the Cash Money Records. However, he opted to go with Kanye West’s record as he felt he could learn a lot from him.
- In February 2022, Desiigner released a new single titled Bakin’. The music video of the song featured Slushii, DJ Whoo Kid, and late actor Bob Saget.
- In April 2023, Desiigner was involved in a controversy after he allegedly exposed himself thrice on an international flight. He had m*st*rbated on a Delta flight from Tokyo to Minneapolis after he found a flight attendant attractive. He was later questioned by police and was eventually released. After the incident, he released a statement and revealed that he had been struggling with mental health and had decided to enter a facility. Later, in September 2023, he was sentenced to “2 years probation, fined $5,000, and was ordered to participate in a psychological, psychiatric, or mental health evaluation”. He was also ordered to register as a s*x offender.