|Labrinth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1989|
Labrinth is a record producer, musician, singer, songwriter, and rapper. He is known for his collaborated works like “Pass Out” and “Frisky” with Tinie Tempah, and “Make Me (Cry)” with Noah Cyrus. He also has hit singles like Let the Sun Shine, Earthquake, Last Time, Express Yourself, Treatment, Beneath Your Beautiful, Let It Be, and Jealous to his credit. Labrinth has over 1.5 million followers on Facebook, more than a million followers on Twitter, 600k plus followers on Instagram, and over 800 million views on his YouTube channel.
Timothy Lee McKenzie
Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Labrinth studied at the Stoke Newington School in London.
Record Producer, Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 6 older and 2 younger siblings.
Labrinth is managed by –
- WMA Agency, Talent Management, London, United Kingdom
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Grime, Electronica
Vocals, Piano, Guitars, Keyboard, Bass, Drums
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Labrinth has dated –
- Muz – Labrinth has been in a relationship with a lady named Muz for a long time. The couple has been spotted together at many events. In 2015, at the V Festival in Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Labrinth proposed to Muz in front of the crowd during his performance. Later, on August 17, 2018, the couple was blessed with a child.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican and Canadian origin.
- Extremely curly hair
- Visible forehead lines
- Tends to wear round glasses
He has sung for TV commercials for products such as Apple Watch.
Best Known For
- Performing hit songs like Let the Sun Shine, Earthquake, Last Time, Express Yourself, Treatment, Beneath Your Beautiful, Let It Be, and Jealous. Many of his singles peaked at top 20 on the UK Chart. The single, Earthquake, featuring Tinie Tempah was certified BPI Platinum, ARIA Platinum, IFPI NOR Platinum, and RMNZ Platinum. Also, Beneath Your Beautiful featuring Emeli Sandé received BPI Platinum, ARIA Platinum, BEA Gold, GLF Platinum, IFPI SWI Platinum, and RMNZ Platinum certifications.
On April 2, 2012, he came out with his debut studio album titled Electronic Earth with Syco Music. The album had 10 tracks and reached #2 on the UK Albums Chart.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as a special guest on the reality series, Britain’s Got Talent, in 2012.
Labrinth Favorite Things
- Vocoder – Herbie Hancock’s Sennheiser vocoder
Source – Independent
- His father abandoned him and his 8 siblings along with their mother when Labrinth was just 4.
- When he was young, he was a part of his siblings’ band called Mac8.
- At 13, he started producing music under the guidance of his older brother.
- In 2009, his career, as a producer, took shape while working on the track “Dead End” for artist Master Shortie.
- In 2010, Simon Cowell signed him to his record label Syco.
- On September 27, 2010, he released his debut single, Let the Sun Shine, in the UK.
- In 2018, along with Australian singer-songwriter Sia, and DJ and producer, Diplo, Labrinth created the music group LSD (Labrinth, Sia, and Diplo).
- On May 3, 2018, LSD released their first single, Genius.
- Labrinth has worked with several artists like The Weeknd, Usher, Rihanna, Tinie Tempah, Sia, Wretch 32, Professor Green, Emeli Sandé, Plan B, Devlin, Yasmin, MckNasty, Etta Bond, Raf Riley, Kygo, Noah Cyrus, Diplo, and Nicki Minaj.
- His mother inspires him the most.
- Visit his official website @ labrinth.com.
- Follow Labrinth on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by lflynnpr1 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0