|Kristian Bush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1970|
Kristian Bush is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who is known for his contribution to the country music duo Sugarland.
Kristian Merrill Bush
Knoxville, Tennessee, United State
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Bush attended violin lessons at the University of Tennessee where he classically trained in the Suzuki method.
In 1988, he graduated from Avon Old Farms Boarding School in Avon, Connecticut. Later, he went on to graduate with a degree in Creative Writing from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Siblings – Brandon Bush (Younger Brother) (Keyboardist)
- Others – A.J. Bush (Great Grandfather) (Founder of Bush Brothers and Company), Jay Bush (Cousin Brother) (Spokesman For Bush Brothers and Company)
Kristian is represented by Red Light Management.
Folk Rock, Country
Vocals, Mandolin, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar
As a member of Sugarland, he is signed to Big Machine Records.
He has also released his music with various other record labels including the Atlantic Recording Corporation, Mercury Nashville, Streamsound Records, and Wheelhouse.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kristian has dated –
- Jill Meredith Joyner (1999-2011) – He got married to a woman named Jill Meredith Joyner in 1999, but the couple decided to legally part ways in 2011. Together, they have 2 children, a boy named Tucker and a daughter, named Camille.
Race / Ethnicity
- He often sports a thick beard and a hat.
He has appeared in the commercials for various brands including Goodwill.
Kristian Bush Facts
- He was raised in the small town of Sevierville, Tennessee which is situated at the base of the Smoky Mountains. Prominently known singer and songwriter Dolly Parton is also from the same area.
- Growing up, Kristian had access to a number of musical instruments. He was 4 years old when he played the violin for the first time.
- He and his brother Brandon did their first music performance as an opening act for Dolly Parton at the local Bush Beans Jamboree.
- Kristian learned to play the violin all through his childhood.
- It was after his 11th birthday that he was allowed to finally put down the violin and learn to play the guitar. He continued to learn the instrument all through his teenage years. Shortly after learning to play the guitar, Kristian also started writing original music and recorded several albums that were made at home.
- While in university, Bush performed as the lead singer and guitarist with the rock band Storyteller alongside his friends Chris “Tex” Nolter (bass, guitar) and Jon Slatkin (drums).
- His mainstream music career started with the folk-rock duo called Billy Pilgrim which he formed alongside Andrew Hyra, who is the brother of actress Meg Ryan in 1991. However, the band was later defunct in 2001.
- In 2002, Kristian co-founded the country music duo called Sugarland alongside singer-songwriters Jennifer Nettles.
- His songwriting ability had earned him 6 BMI Awards until May 2021.
- Over the years, he has collaborated with several well-known music artists including Ellis Paul, Laura Bell Bundy, Matt Nathanson, The dB’s, Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, Lucy Hale, Kristina Train, Larkin Poe, Canaan Smith, Lauren Alaina, Jaida Dreyer, and Alana Springsteen.
Featured Image By Kristian Bush / Instagram