|Jennifer Nettles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1974|
Jennifer Nettles is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, voice actor, and record producer who is known as the lead vocalist of the duo Sugarland, a country music duo that has released albums like Love on the Inside, Enjoy the Ride, The Incredible Machine, Bigger, Twice the Speed of Life, and Gold and Green. In addition to that, she previously fronted the Atlanta-based bands – Soul Miner’s Daughter and Jennifer Nettles Band. She has also branched out as a solo artist and has released multiple albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Playing with Fire, That Girl, Unlove You, Always Like New, To Celebrate Christmas, I Can Do Hard Things, Me Without You, Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’, Hey Heartbreak, Wait For It, and Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ The Boat.
Jennifer Odessa Nettles
Douglas, Georgia, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Jennifer graduated from Coffee High School in Douglas, Georgia.
Later, she went to Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Voice Actor, Record Producer
- Mother – Carla Temple
- Siblings – Katie Bryce Ricketson (Sister), Seth Ricketson (Brother)
Jennifer Nettles has been signed with –
- Big Machine Records, Record Label, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Country Pop, Pop
Vocals, piano, flute, tambourine, mandolin, bass guitar, guitar, harmonica
Mercury Nashville, Big Machine Records, Concord Records
Her net worth had been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Nettles has dated –
- Todd Van Sickle (1998-2007) – Owner of Decatur, Georgia-based music club named Eddie’s Attic, Todd Van Sickle and Jennifer married in 1998. They remained an item for just less than a decade and split in 2007.
- Clayton Mitchell (2008) – Kenny Chesney‘s guitarist Clayton Mitchell and Jennifer were romantically linked to each other in August 2008.
- Justin Miller (2009-Present) – In November 2009, Jennifer started dating Justin Miller. After romancing with him for two years, they finally decided to get married on November 26, 2011, at Blackberry Farms in East Tennessee. In December 2012, Jennifer gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Magnus Hamilton Miller.
Race / Ethnicity
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in a Pepsi Max Super Bowl commercial in 2012.
Best Known For
Serving as a Sugarland member and releasing her own songs such as “That Girl” and albums.
As a part of the Soul Miner’s Daughter, she released her debut album entitled The Sacred And Profane in 1996.
In 2000, Jennifer released the album Story Of Your Bones as a member of the Jennifer Nettles Band.
As a part of Sugarland, Jennifer released Twice the Speed of Life in October 2004. It charted at #3 on the US Top Country Albums list.
As a solo artist, she released her debut album That Girl on January 14, 2014, via Mercury Nashville. It included songs like Me Without You, Thank You, This Angel, Know You Wanna Know, Jealousy, Good Time to Cry, and Like a Rock. The album peaked at number #1 on the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #5 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
As an actor, she appeared in the 2015 drama TV movie Dolly Parton‘s Coat of Many Colors for her role as Avie Lee Parton.
Jennifer’s go-to workout is yoga. But, she gets bored easily, so she also goes to the gym and does circuit training, which includes running on the treadmill, weight training, core workout, etc.
If she is traveling, she sometimes runs outdoors which helps her to get fresh air, and can also do sightseeing.
Her schedule is sometimes like –
- She starts her day with tea at 9 am and does some writing in her diary.
- She takes a walk and eats her breakfast, which generally includes cereal, yogurt, and berries
- Meetings, charity, lunch comes up next
- If she gets a chance, she also does yoga
- Then, after a soundcheck at the venue at 4 pm, she has her dinner, meets with her fans, and does a 30-minute warmup.
Jennifer Nettles Favorite Things
- Dish – Pie
- Tea – Yogi Tea Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut
Jennifer Nettles Facts
- Jennifer joined the country music band Sugarland in 2003. At that time, the other members included Kristen Hall and Kristian Bush. Later, Kristen Hall departed from the band.
- She supports the Shalom Foundation and collected more than $120,000 for the charity from people.
- She has also served as a lead vocalist of the bands such as Soul Miner’s Daughter and Jennifer Nettles Band.
- She performed a duet for the country version of Bon Jovi’s song “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.”
- She does her hair and makeup all by herself and it takes a maximum of 30 minutes.
- On June 25, 2021, she released her 4th solo studio album titled Always Like New and it consisted of songs like Almost Like Being in Love, Wouldn’t It Be Loverly, Anyone Can Whistle, Tomorrow, You Will Be Found, and It All Fades Away (ft. Brandi Carlile).
- Visit Jennifer’s official website @ jennifernettles.com.